Respected Contributor

Re: Johnson Brothers Friendly Village - SALE-WOW

I saw a large collection of  vintage Johnson Brothers Friendly Village in a local antique store in the past couple weeks.  I think the price for the whole collection was about $99.00.

Bottom lilne...........if you shop hard enough, you can still get the originals that were made in England and perhaps don't have to settle for the newer stuff being sold today which is made in other countries.

The one Johnson Brothers piece that I kept after my parents died was a white gravy boat with lid, spoon and tray.  It's very charming and I would never give that one up.  

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@VaBelle35

I wish I'd known you would like to own Friendly Village pieces.  I literally gave many away  pieces of it at the estate/cleanout sale of my father's house. 

My mom, who died years earlier, really liked the pattern.  Having seen it all my life, it lost any appeal for us kids, I guess.  I advertised it as one of the "finds" at our sale and sold it to a dealer who showed up early and really wanted it.  (She made the money from it.....we sure didn't.)

@novamc1  I wouldn't want a set.  I was looking at some serving pieces, like platters, that might be nice to have.  I don't really entertain, so I wouldn't use an entire set.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I think it looks beautiful with green.  Red would make the red pop, but you may need just the right red.

I'm looking at all the pieces on Replacements website.

Tempting.

VaBelle35-I'm between a green or a red tablecloth by Lenox. I see my gravy boat is arriving today (dishes tomorrow) so I'll look at the colors..thanks sooo excited!

Super Contributor

So far received my gravy boat and 15" serving platter- just beautiful. I'm glad I got the new ones only because my Spode Christmas Tree dishes and my Blue Danube aren't dishwasher safe These are freezer to oven and look the same as the original Tired of washing those dishes!

Valued Contributor

@ECBG    I'm not familiar with that but it's very pretty.