Esteemed Contributor

A fenced yard was one of the most important things for me when I moved into my home.  I had always had at least one dog and did not want to deal with neighbors if I had to put up a fence, especially if they did not want one up.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I had a patio, concrete two levels and  then over one of the levels we build a screened in porch outside my  family  room  Around the side of it we fenced in a small section.  I have two Chihuahuas and now they get to go out without me having to worry they will be in the street or woods behind me.  I have an acre and did not want to fence in the entire area.  

Esteemed Contributor

My old house had 2 acres of property. We took a portion of that and put in a wood split rail fence with a metal fence behind it to keep the furries in the yard. You couldn't see the second fence at all.

In my new house, there is no need for a fence - our furry doesn't go out alone and we don't have kids tromping through the yard.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio, That's an old pic from last year. But I have done a lot of landscaping, planted a few trees and 3 citrus trees. I love sitting outside in my swing. None of my neighbors come outside so it's pretty much just me and the dogs but I love it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Bee, Those are our regulations as well. I have a neighbor to my left that let her grass die and just has weeds. So I planted Oleanders along the perimeter to block the view and serves as a nature fence. 

Honored Contributor

Our backyard is fenced in. 

Eventually our plan is to replace our entire fence with a vinyl fence but our yard is large and that isn't cheap. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, our yard is fenced in on both sides and from the home behind us.

Image result for white fence around property
Respected Contributor

Yes, we put up a fence to keep the javelinas and coyotes out. The coyotes and bobcats still get thru.

The builder wanted too much so we waited until after we closed.

Respected Contributor

No fence. Three and 1/2 acres. Too much grass and the rest woods. 

Honored Contributor

No. You can have them but very few do. Talking the 6ft high board fence which can be horrilbe for your lawn depending on how much sun you get.