Honored Contributor

Re: I may have over-extended myself this time, lol.

I was a teenager when my family stopped having family reunions at someone's home.

They are now held at a hotel or a resort in a different state every year.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Obviously, you love entertaining.  It will be fine and everyone will have a wonderful time at all the parties.  If you don't get to a couple of things, no one will notice.  As long as guests have great food and drinks; good friends to socialize with; festive decorations.....they'll be happy.   

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I just wish I had such an exciting social life.  Get yourself organized and you'll be fine.  Better call in the "next generation" as apprentices to help. 

@Kachina624   I've got the phone number of the local resort memorized (I used to work there.)    I wonder why I'm so "popular" in the winter......and NOT this time of year.............(!)  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

Hint hint

go down your lists

every 3rd item, put a line through it

I hope you have "your people" that you can call in to help. Woman Wink

Then just repeat to those who ask, "I'll have my people, call your people." LOL

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal, lol. Love this, I think I'll put this plan in action. Thanks.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I was a teenager when my family stopped having family reunions at someone's home.

They are now held at a hotel or a resort in a different state every year.

Exactly. Me too. Now every other year we choose a different city to have our Family Reunions, this year it is in Cleveland! Usually the city has quite a few people to do the planning and organizing. When it was in my city, I did the bulk of the organzing and it was a lot of work, but very fun!!!!! There are usually 200 or so attending, sometimes more.......sometimes less.....

Honored Contributor

As someone who's done this I understand the combination of love of doing and stress/exhaustion 

My advice....

Lots of detailed lists, ASK FOR HELP, keep it simple, use tried and true methods in foods and decor/recipes/entertainment, and don't work so hard you don't enjoy it.

There might just be someone who is looking forward to taking this over especially if you offer to mentor them the first time.

Enjoy both the process and the events.

Honored Contributor

Better you than me.  But, seriously, I hope it goes well.  Just take breaks and do some nice, deep breathing when you are starting to feel most stressed.  I know that's easy to say but it does help.  Smiley Happy