Honored Contributor

Harmonious color combination

[ Edited ]

This is from Ballard Designs (one of the Qurate companies listed below) in one of its features about paint color.  I was struck by the composition of colors not frequently found together.  I like how it's all blended into a harmonious whole.

I like that the chair seats and backs pick up the color from the painting, and that the curtains are a soft, yet unexpected, pink. (After a second look, these might be beige, but it all still works.)

It seems like a room that could be adapted for seasonal decorating and various holidays.

I'm sure others have other opinions.

Sherwin Williams Meadow Trail in dining room

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Harmonious color combination

Not my style but I  do like the fabric chosen for the chairs.  I'd never pick that drab paint color for myself but it's okay for someone else's  house.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach 

Very tranquil to my eyes.  I like it.

And, I adore the peacock placement on the chair backs.

It looks like a Scalamandre or Schumacher print.  

Lovely!

Honored Contributor

I do think the curtains have a pinkish tint, or maybe it is because of the paint color that they look like that. I love the chairs and think they look super comfortable.The Paint color would not be my fav, very drab looking, like the chandelier as well.. I think overall this is a nice room!

Esteemed Contributor

I like all but the chair backs.

Honored Contributor

Don't like the chairs at all or the chandelier.  Good color for walls, rug and drapes, IMO.

Honored Contributor

I do like the color combination ... BUT it's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

Esteemed Contributor

Love it.  Very autumnal.

In fact, I am wearing just about those colors today with a glorious "Buff" headscarf from an artist that has worked with them, that is a fall scene of tree and sky.

My vest is military drab.  I saluted my Korean war vet neighbor, still getting around on his yard tractor.

Lovely photo and just perfect for today!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I like pretty much all the elements individually and while I'd agree that nothing is jarring, I'm not sure I find the combination all that harmonious.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Aside from the chairs, and I would change the color, I would have to redo the room, furnishings and decor.