Esteemed Contributor

Re: Happy Housewife, a ? for you

When I asked for a beige with no undertones, I was advised that Sherwin-Williams SW 6099 Sand Dollar, or the darker shades of it..SW 6100, SW 6101 were top shades used by decorators.

Respected Contributor

Thought I'd report back with my results. The house is finally painted, I decided on SW Softer Tan at 75% of the formula. We had the trim and ceiling color matched to the same white as our plantation shutters and it all looks so beautiful I can't believe it's the same house. Now on to getting new carpeting in the bedrooms and our re-decorating is done (for the time being anyway.)

Super Contributor

On 9/21/2014 Tyak said:

Thought I'd report back with my results. The house is finally painted, I decided on SW Softer Tan at 75% of the formula. We had the trim and ceiling color matched to the same white as our plantation shutters and it all looks so beautiful I can't believe it's the same house. Now on to getting new carpeting in the bedrooms and our re-decorating is done (for the time being anyway.)

Oh nice color and it sounds like it turned out nicely.

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown