Honored Contributor

Re: For Those That Have The Lenox Butterfly Meadow Dishes-Have A Question

I recently bought the set of 16 Lenox Butterfly dishes from QVC. While they are pretty with the scalloped edges, and the bee in each bowl the colors on the dishes are not as bright and vivid as the set shown on air. I am dissapointed, but not really surprised.
Valued Contributor

You're welcome Butterfly! Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Oh , so that's the set of dishes displayed , on the VPH set tonight ? I thought it was a new set from Valerie . Ok, thanks for the info !
Respected Contributor

On 4/7/2014 catprincess said:

I bought a set of Butterfly Meadows about 2 years ago and use it almost daily and then picked up some extra pieces from TJ Maxx. I am very disaappointed in these dishes. They scratch very easily and after 2 years the designs have started to fade. I would not purchase more.

After reading your post I wonder if I should bring them back, I won't be using them everyday but the thought of someday the pattern fading isn't what I want to happen.Wow, I never bought anything from Lenox before and would never think that there product would scratch or the pattern should start fading. I have dishes I use everyday for years and the pattern has never faded. Something to think about. Thanks for posting. I would contact the Lenox company and them know what happened.

Super Contributor

On 4/8/2014 Butterfly12 said:
On 4/7/2014 catprincess said:

I bought a set of Butterfly Meadows about 2 years ago and use it almost daily and then picked up some extra pieces from TJ Maxx. I am very disaappointed in these dishes. They scratch very easily and after 2 years the designs have started to fade. I would not purchase more.

After reading your post I wonder if I should bring them back, I won't be using them everyday but the thought of someday the pattern fading isn't what I want to happen.Wow, I never bought anything from Lenox before and would never think that there product would scratch or the pattern should start fading. I have dishes I use everyday for years and the pattern has never faded. Something to think about. Thanks for posting. I would contact the Lenox company and them know what happened.

I just read where they're made . It says China / Indonesia / USA .......hmmm, I wonder which part was made in USA ?? I hear reps/hosts mention a product is from an American company . More often than not , only the headquarters are left in the USA ; they've moved the manufacturing overseas . ............as for dishes that scratch so easily ? Nevermind . No thanks . Pretty tho .
Frequent Contributor

Butterfly 12 - Have you seen the teapot and the cups/saucers with butterflies as the handles on the cups? The cups/saucers come in 4 colors, pink, blue, green and yellow. They are so cute. I don't have the set (wish I did) but I also got mine at Macys w/coupon several years ago. If you don't have these pieces and are interested in purchasing, besides Macys, you might also check EBay as well as shopgoodwill.com Macy's didn't have one of the colors in the cups and I found it on the goodwill website.

Respected Contributor

On 4/8/2014 Gal said:

Butterfly 12 - Have you seen the teapot and the cups/saucers with butterflies as the handles on the cups? The cups/saucers come in 4 colors, pink, blue, green and yellow. They are so cute. I don't have the set (wish I did) but I also got mine at Macys w/coupon several years ago. If you don't have these pieces and are interested in purchasing, besides Macys, you might also check EBay as well as shopgoodwill.com Macy's didn't have one of the colors in the cups and I found it on the goodwill website.

No I don't think I have seen these. I will have to check them out. I also bought my set at macy's w/ coupon this year.Thanks !!

Frequent Contributor

Butterfly12, You will love these pieces - the teapot has a butterfly on top of the lid. They are sooo cute! I hope you are able to find them. I've had these pieces for several years - maybe Macys could special order for you if they don't have them in stock.