Super Contributor

Re: FROM DALLAS: MORE SPRINGTIME TABLE SETTING

@Oznell wrote:

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 6.13.52 PM.png

Seeing more than one balcony on each of these residences, it all becomes so clear now.  When Juliet asks "O Romeo, Romeo wherefore art thou Romeo?", she was probably at one balcony waiting for Romeo while he was at another balcony looking for her.  These things happen.

Esteemed Contributor

oh my goodness, @Oznell I love the greenhouse feeling and the lovely ginger jar in the entry way.  Plus the lovely Wedgewood pieces. I love that color blue. 

Respected Contributor

Love the bunnies. The rest is way too much for me. My age has something to do with it. I am trying for a minable look.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for drawing attention to that sweet child's chair,  discerning @SandySparkles .  Great point--I think you're right about her feeling for kids, as evidenced by the cute chair!

You are so lucky to have such a wonderful variety of Herend pieces, @Enufstuff ,  and smart to acquire such high-ticket ceramics on your travels abroad-- I bet you got some good bargains that way.

@QVCisFun ,  love seeing the comparisons of the buildings, thanks for posting!

@GinaV24 ,  hey, me too--  of all her things, my favorites also are the enormous white ginger jar, with the 'tulip forest' of blue and white Wedgwood vases....

Agreed, @Catiele ,  I could not maintain such an "inventory" myself either.   Not enough room for it, not to mention the expense.  But as a "tourist",  gaping at other people's pretty treasures and how they put them together, I'm all eyes!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell  It is mostly on vacations that I buy a little something special, usually something that was made in the places we visited.

I don't think that I ever got any bargains in Bermuda, everything is so expensive there. In Budapest, the Herend pieces were not bargains either, but I couldn't go to Hungary and not pick up some Herend gifts.  The girls got their Herend trinket boxes for Christmas and I put some little wrapped candies inside them.

The cats and bunnies in the collection, were gifts from my husband  and he bought them from a nearby jewelry store.

At this age, I'm not really collecting anymore things.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Thanks for drawing attention to that sweet child's chair,  discerning @SandySparkles .  Great point--I think you're right about her feeling for kids, as evidenced by the cute chair!

You are so lucky to have such a wonderful variety of Herend pieces, @Enufstuff ,  and smart to acquire such high-ticket ceramics on your travels abroad-- I bet you got some good bargains that way.

@QVCisFun ,  love seeing the comparisons of the buildings, thanks for posting!

@GinaV24 ,  hey, me too--  of all her things, my favorites also are the enormous white ginger jar, with the 'tulip forest' of blue and white Wedgwood vases....

Agreed, @Catiele ,  I could not maintain such an "inventory" myself either.   Not enough room for it, not to mention the expense.  But as a "tourist",  gaping at other people's pretty treasures and how they put them together, I'm all eyes!

@Oznell You are MOST welcome!🥰

~~~All we need is LOVE💖