Honored Contributor

Re: FROM DALLAS: MORE SPRINGTIME TABLE SETTING

Her pantry is a quilt of color, shapes and textures from all those beautiful items!  Her collection is amazing!  Just finding all of those items, much less having them would be a full time job!

That house is quite something!  I would love to have a tour of that with all of that sparkling glass!

Maly thanks! @Oznell !  I love it!

Respected Contributor

I watched that video yesterday. That house is gorgeous!  How lucky she is to have inherited such lovely collections.  Thanks, @Oznell, for all the videos you post.  

Valued Contributor

Such a beautiful home! These were fun pictures to look at - thanks for posting @Oznell . What I wouldn't give to have a china closet like that! I love pretty china, crystal, art glass, etc. but I don't have much storage for it, LOL.

Her cut to clear crystal goblets are so pretty. And those mockingbird shaped goblets are too cute - I've never seen anything quite like them. Those little pig salt and peppers are adorable too. Pretty linens also.

They don't build houses like that anymore - I'm glad they saved it and didn't let them tear it down.

Respected Contributor

Oh @Oznell the solarium is my idea of heaven!!

The luxurious linens, lovely flowers and beautiful china are amazing. My favorites are the tureens...exquisite all of it.

Thank you so much for sharing!!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

While I like a lot of her collectibles, etc., all I could think of was - That's a lot of dusting and cleaning.....LOL

@JudyL Agreed!  I have a lot of things like.  And while they are still beautiful, more and more I see clutter and want rid of a lot of it.  A lot we are using just for every day, and a lot of plates are going and just keeping salads to use. 

Esteemed Contributor

Oh so many beautiful pieces! I can't even imagine having such a collection for everyday or anytime use! Choices galore! Thanks, Oznell....

Honored Contributor

I love that you mentioned those asparagus spears, @SandySparkles ,  who knew a ceramic vegetable could be so endearing?   There seem to be so many touches like that...

@spiderw ,  it's undoubtedly your kind of place, with those riches of beautiful objects to choose from.

@QVCisFun ,  great comparison!   They're both so romantic.

To everyone who commented on the house itself, there's a whole separate tour of it on Homeworthy, from about a year ago:   Inside Courtney Petit's Glamorous Dallas Home

Well worth looking up!   A few stills of it below:

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 6.13.52 PM.png

The fabrics, the finishes, the Venetian mirrors and other antiques-- dreamy.

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 6.09.01 PM.png

The curtains alone, when she showed them close up, are just incredibly rich and lovely...

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 6.11.17 PM.png

They also have casual spaces too, of course.  This living room is about as formal as the house gets.

Re the table setting video--  I neglected to show the darling Herend animal figurines she pulled out to put on her table setting.  How perfect they'd be for the spring-like gaiety of that table -- 

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 7.15.21 PM.png

Respected Contributor

Lovely as usual.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I love that you mentioned those asparagus spears, @SandySparkles ,  who knew a ceramic vegetable could be so endearing?   There seem to be so many touches like that...

@spiderw ,  it's undoubtedly your kind of place, with those riches of beautiful objects to choose from.

@QVCisFun ,  great comparison!   They're both so romantic.

To everyone who commented on the house itself, there's a whole separate tour of it on Homeworthy, from about a year ago:   Inside Courtney Petit's Glamorous Dallas Home

Well worth looking up!   A few stills of it below:

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 6.13.52 PM.png

The fabrics, the finishes, the Venetian mirrors and other antiques-- dreamy.

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 6.09.01 PM.png

The curtains alone, when she showed them close up, are just incredibly rich and lovely...

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 6.11.17 PM.png

They also have casual spaces too, of course.  This living room is about as formal as the house gets.

Re the table setting video--  I neglected to show the darling Herend animal figurines she pulled out to put on her table setting.  How perfect they'd be for the spring-like gaiety of that table -- 

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 7.15.21 PM.png

@Oznell Her BEAUTIFUL❤ home is truly a SENSATIONAL home decor lover's dream!!! Just when you think you are finished admiring it, another conversation piece draws you in; like the carefully chosen placement of the child's chair, signaling the importance of children in her life!😊

I have greatly enjoyed these lovely photos today, and I THANK you SO much for sharing them!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell   I love this house and  the lovely architecture. What a great decision not to tear down such a beautiful house. The style is storybook magical and the little balcony is reminiscent of the Juliet's balcony in Verona.

She has decorated it with such beautiful style and attention to details. I love her style, especially the entry way with her gorgeous ceramics , plants and flowers. The solarium is gorgeous. Her table setting is lovely and the Mockingbird goblets are adorable. She has such unique pieces in her extensive collections.

Her collections are amazing. I have always loved Wedgewood blue and white Jasperware. My daughter has a blue and white Jasperware  tea service from my grandmother.

One time when we were in Bermuda, an artist was in one of the shops demonstrating how the pieces are created, adding the

the white figures to the main pieces.

I bought a small pink and white trinket box, signed by the artist, Mark Mayson.

How wonderful that she has such a great storage area for her lovely china collections. I noticed the lovely pieces of Herend

that look to be the Rothschild pattern with birds and insects.

I have one piece with that Herend pattern. It is a butter dish.

I also have a small collection of  Herend animals, cats, rabbits, chickens and sea life. I keep them in two small glass curios.

There was a lovely shop in Bermuda, Bluck's. They carried Herend china and all the animals. I purchased the sea creatures at that shop when we went to Bermuda. Sadly, Bluck's has closed as so many shops have, since Covid.

The last trip we took before Covid, was a Danube River Cruise

and while in Budapest, I bought my last two Herend animals.

Being the year of the Pig, I got a tiny black and white pig. I also got a little green chicken. No more collecting animals, the curios are full.

While in Budapest, I also purchased little heart shaped Herend trinket boxes as gifts for my daughters, two other family members and one for myself, each one a different pattern style. Mine is in the Rothschild pattern with a little bird and butterflies. The artwork on them is impeccable.