Super Contributor
On 2/26/2014 mallemo said:
On 2/26/2014 whitelinen said:

I really like this mallemo.

Do you have your Easter decs out yet? I'm getting mine together. I skipped Valentines Day; decided to go straight to Easter.

I just started trying to get them together in the last few days. I did decorate for VDay but now it's on to Spring colors! Yesterday I received my set of 2 lit Easter egg garlands from VPH. They were a LT Special and now I wish I had ordered more than one set. They are so cute! They plug in and that is a good thing.

I resisted buying any VPH this time. Really wanted the springy garland from her show, but I stayed strong. Going to take a look at your garland if they are still available. I just hate to pay S&H anymore tho . . .

I did go shopping at HL and M's this week. Did a little damage and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with the stuff I brought home. Painted some things today.

Will try to put up some pics when it all comes together.

Would love to see some pics from you mallemo!!

Super Contributor
On 2/26/2014 graycatsrule said:

I think Martha hit the mark. I like that her mantel is light. I think I'd like it even more if one of the dishes with eggs was replaced with a pair of bunnies, like on the mantel above it.

Yes, I agree! She makes simple look so elegant. Her vignettes always look so spendy to me. I think she must be OCD about her displays; everything always just flows together.

Looks effortless but I'm sure she (or her staff) puts tons of time & energy into it.

Super Contributor

Frequent Contributor

Fun thread! - Love the ideas!

Valued Contributor
On 2/26/2014 mallemo said:

I really like this mallemo.

Do you have your Easter decs out yet? I'm getting mine together. I skipped Valentines Day; decided to go straight to Easter.

I just started trying to get them together in the last few days. I did decorate for VDay but now it's on to Spring colors! Yesterday I received my set of 2 lit Easter egg garlands from VPH. They were a LT Special and now I wish I had ordered more than one set. They are so cute! They plug in and that is a good thing.

I resisted buying any VPH this time. Really wanted the springy garland from her show, but I stayed strong. Going to take a look at your garland if they are still available. I just hate to pay S&H anymore tho . . .

I did go shopping at HL and M's this week. Did a little damage and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with the stuff I brought home. Painted some things today.

Will try to put up some pics when it all comes together.

Would love to see some pics from you mallemo!!

I do need to try and share some photos here if and when I finish! I checked and those egg garlands are sold out. They even look really nice inside of a lantern with the cord coming out the door and the door turned to the back. I did buy a 9' yellow forsythia garland at HL a couple of days ago. It is really nice and was 50% off and that made it $15. They only had one or I might have purchased two. I also caved for the nicest set of old fashioned looking resin bunnies. They are fairly good size and I could not leave without them. I have bunny issues!

Super Contributor

Oh, I love looking at all these beautiful mantles. I could look at them for hours. Heck, who am I kidding....I could look at home decor for hours and hours. Mallemo...don't worry about your bunny issues...we all have some kind of home decor issues on this forum. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} You are not alone. You, Whitelinen and others always come up with the prettiest pictures and ideas.

Esteemed Contributor

Such nice mantels. I'm going to have to figure out what to do with my 2 Pier1 moss bunny picks for Easter. So far I have just tucked them into small arrangements, but I really like how they stand out alone in the slender bottles.

Valued Contributor
On 2/27/2014 SHOPR said:

Such nice mantels. I'm going to have to figure out what to do with my 2 Pier1 moss bunny picks for Easter. So far I have just tucked them into small arrangements, but I really like how they stand out alone in the slender bottles.

SHOPR...I looked again on this blog and she says that the yellow bottle is a spray painted Coke bottle with jute twine around the top. Cool!

Easter-y mantel3.1

Honored Contributor

I love green moss, and I remember seeing some green moss bunnies somewhere, and cannot remember where!

ETA: Here are some brown moss ones at "K"

Brown Moss Bunny Statues, Set of 2

Super Contributor
On 2/27/2014 mallemo said:
On 2/27/2014 SHOPR said:

SHOPR...I looked again on this blog and she says that the yellow bottle is a spray painted Coke bottle with jute twine around the top. Cool!

Easter-y mantel3.1

So right mallemo, the bottles look terrific, too!