Respected Contributor

Just ordered it.  Can't wait to get it.  Wish I had it right now with our cold temps.

Frequent Contributor

I purchased one several years ago to put in my husband's man cave which is a pretty big room. It worked well. Then my son came and "borrowed" it for his apartment. My husband had a heart attack earlier this year so is on blood thinners and is usually cold so I purchased the TSV in bronze. I think it's an attractive unit, hope it works as well as it looks and as good as my previous one.

Super Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

Also, the top of the heater isn’t completely flat. It has a raised, bevel inset design which may limit what you can display on top of it.

@TenderMercies

Might be on purpose to prevent people from putting too many or larger items on top due it geting warm.  I noticed in the question section ot the item people ask about putting TVs on it or other things that were larger.  Common sense should dictate ... and we know how that turns out ... but the beveled top will be a deterent.  

Regular Contributor

Does anyone have the bronze color one? They keep describing it as "Urban chic" which worries me that it may have a weathered rustic look. Is it just a brone tone or does it have those worn edges?

Frequent Contributor

Does anyone have the bronze color one? They keep describing it as "Urban chic" which worries me that it may have a weathered rustic look. Is it just a brone tone or does it have those worn edges?

I just ordered the bronze, it looks like a dark brown tone. I think the "urban chic" comment is just a sales technique. Last night they described it as very "Joanna and Chip Gains" from Fixer-Upper. Again just a sales technique.

Honored Contributor

software wrote:

Can you tell a difference in your electric bill, in other words does it pull a lot of electricity?   I love my natural gas heater, it's "almost" like having a fireplace.

I own an infrared heater similar to the infrared heater in the Duraflame unit.  I used it one winter to see if I could see any change in my utility bill. My main source of heat in my house is a forced air gas furnace and it is an efficient unit. However, I wanted to see if supplementing it with an electric heater would help with lowering my overall heating bill and it DID NOT. My electricity portion on my bill was significantly higher and, although my gas bill was a bit lower, there was no total net savings. I spent more money that winter to heat my house when I supplemented by using my electric heater...not good.  @software

Honored Contributor

Re: Duraflame TSV

[ Edited ]

We have 4 of the Duraflame heaters. Two of them are the smaller portable heaters in black from 2 yrs ago (V33515) we use in our basement...LOVE the ease/portability with the handle!

The other two we got from QVC when it was the TSV (4-5 yrs ago now?). It is taller (28.75") and has a mesh screen on the front and sides (V33285). We got a 'cream' for our bedroom and the black one we use in our livingroom.

Although the new TSV Duraflame heater looks really nice with the new 3D technology of the logs, Duraflame hasn't made another TSV heater that is at least the height of the ones we have. The one today is only 24" high. I don't understand why the company decided to make the heaters so much shorter.

Because of our set up in the livingroom, the near 5" of height loss would make it difficult for us to enjoy the flame/log effect because our coffee table would block most of the heater when sitting down on the couches. I'm so glad we got the ones from a few yrs ago.

I even called Duraflame to ask them if they would make upgraded versions of this style of heater back to near 29" in height or a bit taller. I guess I was the only one to make the suggestion and it fell on deaf ears...LOL

Below is a pic of what our 28.75" heater looks like next to our Christmas tree. I can't imagine having the new TSV heater and it only being 24" high...which is just too short for us IMO  Smiley Happy

P4480884.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise I have that model too and just love it in my living room and I agree I wish they would offer at least one taller model again.

@In-x-s I also have a smaller model in my bedroom.  My favorite part of the day is when I first wake up and turn it on to heat up the bedroom before I crank up the heat.  The flames are a gentle way to get going (or sometimes to go back to bed).

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Susan Louise I have that model too and just love it in my living room and I agree I wish they would offer at least one taller model again.

@In-x-s I also have a smaller model in my bedroom.  My favorite part of the day is when I first wake up and turn it on to heat up the bedroom before I crank up the heat.  The flames are a gentle way to get going (or sometimes to go back to bed).

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine.

@momtochloe  If I had to guess, I think part of the reason is QVC keeps trying to keep the price-point to under $100...which surely helps with the # of sales...phooey!  LOL

No doubt Duraflame can't make the larger ones for less than maybe $159. I think it would be so cool if they made the new TSV in the size of the ones we both have! I think we paid $129 or $139 4 yrs ago for the ones we have...

On the up-side, it does save us money not wanting to buy the new version though  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@janz wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

Also, the top of the heater isn’t completely flat. It has a raised, bevel inset design which may limit what you can display on top of it.

@TenderMercies

Might be on purpose to prevent people from putting too many or larger items on top due it geting warm.  I noticed in the question section ot the item people ask about putting TVs on it or other things that were larger.  Common sense should dictate ... and we know how that turns out ... but the beveled top will be a deterent.  

@janz The heat comes from the bottom of the heater and the top of the heater doesn't get warm at all. Look at my post above with a pic of another Duraflame model which has a doiley and a fiber optic tree on top  Smiley Happy