Respected Contributor

Re: Dream Closet

[ Edited ]

That's crazy. Holy cow. Seeing as how I don' even have a 2 story house I'm gonna pass.

Respected Contributor

This would not be a "dream" closet for me.  It would be a "nightmare".  All the stairs are a nuisance and wasted space.  The high shelves would make that storage inaccessabile to me without a ladder and the top rods are too high.

In my previous house a had a closet in the U shaped hall that was as large as a small bedroom and with two other walk in closets and some regualr closets would store everthing or more than is in this closet.  It is opulent for sure but with all the stairs and walk around areas it has way too much wasted space and not really a lot of actual closet space.  I think the actual closet areas were poorly designed.

Respected Contributor

I agree with others.  The stairs would be a nightmare for me.  I'm pretty happy with the closet I have, but I'm retired so my wardrobe is greatly reduced from my working days.  Also, I have no need for formalwear which can take up a lot of space.

Frequent Contributor

I would LOVE to see what the rest of this house looks like!

Honored Contributor

Beautiful but too much wasted space!

Respected Contributor

Looks to me like someone better start buying more clothes, shoes, hats, handbags, belts, undies, etc. etc.

Too many empty spaces right now! Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

I could get more use of the space the stairs take up!

Honored Contributor

I'll take it and store out of season clothes upstairs and put a nice chair in front of the windows to sit and relax, read, or sort through clothes, discard some and pack up to donate.

Also, a trick from our 2 story where I keep some off=season clothes upstairs:  When you are getting rid of things or have too much to carry, toss them down the stair well!  LOL!!!!

Respected Contributor

I'm going to show this to my architect SIL to see if he might know the reasoning behind this design.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dream Closet

[ Edited ]

Love this!  I could probably fill it all up with the stuff I currently have.  Would love to be able to see all at a glance without digging through containers.  

However, I agree with the stairs not being in my wheelhouse.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet