Honored Contributor

I had a friend that used a tea cart with the fold down leafs as their kitchen table. 

Another idea would be an old fashioned ice cream parlor set, small table with two chairs.

I think you should have two chairs.

Honored Contributor

@Barntoast

Nice to hear it's been working out for you, and the pencil drawer is nice for character and storage.  I bet the chair was a unique find at a good price; used to enjoy going to flea markets.

Will check out IKEA and World Market.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dinette set

[ Edited ]

@on the bay:

Glad you did so well for your new home - can't beat great stuff at budget prices!

I agree that Homegoods has some real bargains, timing is everything, and you gotta grab your choice(s) right then.  It's the same for other cool discount places like TJMaxx, Marshalls, and Ross.  

For things you'd rather try out, you could get some deals online from stores that are local to you (like Target and Walmart), and if necessary, just return the item in-person.  If you join their email list you'll receive notice of clearance, sales, special pricing, etc..

Appreciate the good vibes!  8)

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter:

The tea cart as a dining table is creative and pragmatic, and I also appreciate the ice cream parlor set idea.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dinette set

[ Edited ]

Have you checked Wayfair?  I just did a Google search for "small rectangular dining table for 2"--didn't think anything for 1 would come up.  Wayfair has quite a few nice inexpensive ones. 

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack

I forgot to go to Wayfair (appreciate the Google-ing you did) but will.  Purchased a blanket from them at a great price back in 2016 that has held up well.

Cuddles and kisses to Frankie and Henry... HeartHeart

Esteemed Contributor

@MoJoV

I recently purchased my Tiffany-style lamp from Overstock (my first purchase from them) - perfect!!!!

Honored Contributor

Don't mean to sound like master of the obvious but it doesn't sound like you want a dinette set at all, but rather, well, just a table and a chair... Shouldn't be hard to find...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Two chairs around a small bistro table would make sense. Doesn't anyone ever visit?