Honored Contributor

Re: Chip and Joanna Gaines

[ Edited ]

@sometimesQVCaddict .............Jo and Chip did not dub it a castle.  In the 1st episode they went to a historian professor at Baylor U who has the back ground on the building.  It is a castle, just because its not huge does not preclude it being a castle.  If you chose not to believe its a castle thats your prerogative.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I liked a lot of Joanna's early work, but it seemed at the end a lot of the homes all started looking alike...I think she had some beautiful designs though.

Valued Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN 

I read where they have sold the restaurant, that Chip always wanted, also the bakery and Silos.

They will sell this Castle that they  picked up cheap, think Waco said it assessed at 4 hundred thousand and change, I'm sure they got it for a song.

They plan on selling it, along with their farm and want to live out in California now.

They have a few lawsuits they have to take care of first though.

Its funny ,some spoke of Chips demeanor, I find him making the show tolerable.

They claim he is quite approachable, she, not so much/ 

Honored Contributor

I also ordered some of their candles before, and they were fantastic! They smelled wonderful and burned really nicely too. I never re-ordered though..Might have to check them out this winter!

Honored Contributor

What I find kind of humorous is the the talk about "farmhouse going out"  like it's really outdated. 

We remodeled our kitchen several years ago and already some would call it outdated because we have granite countertops!  Also when you look at "styles that are in" ...believe me when I say.....in just a year or two they go out! 

How many of us can keep up with these changes in styles every year or two.  I know I can't and don't want to. 

Those of you with farmhouse style..be happy....you have a warm, comfortable, lovely home, that, imo, will never go out of style as long as you love it!  

While my home isn't farmhouse, I've seen several that are and they are beautiful....if not moreso than a lot of styles I have seen. 

Regular Contributor

I find Chip entertaining . Jo and Chip have worked hard to be where they are at.  I would pay to see the inside of the Castle as a tourist  . 

Why is it that so many of you people are jealous of them ? I like what they have created . I am in Southern California and enjoy Jo's Sunday Cooking Show and their Fixer Upper Programs. They earned their money and they can do what they want with it .  You can talk all you want about them , you are no better then them . They do have more money then you and myself , and so what ? They have helped many people become successful . It is up to the individual to climb the ladder of success . 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shelbyshelbyshelby wrote:

I find Chip entertaining . Jo and Chip have worked hard to be where they are at.  I would pay to see the inside of the Castle as a tourist  . 

Why is it that so many of you people are jealous of them ? I like what they have created . I am in Southern California and enjoy Jo's Sunday Cooking Show and their Fixer Upper Programs. They earned their money and they can do what they want with it .  You can talk all you want about them , you are no better then them . They do have more money then you and myself , and so what ? They have helped many people become successful . It is up to the individual to climb the ladder of success . 

@shelbyshelbyshelby  I would like to also add that they give large sums of money and support to different organizations. They do a lot for St. Jude families and have a heart for hundreds of homeless Waco students and provide various things for them....even a place to do their laundry. The sum they gave is the largest donation ever given to the Cove. The list goes on on and on.   People can like them or not but I wanted to see them get a little credit for all the good they do that people  may not  be aware of.....there is so much more... but I will stop here.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shelbyshelbyshelby wrote:

Why is it always interpreted as 'jealousy' when posters express not caring for any given person or persons that happen to be under discussion.... It really is possible for there to be simple differences among us regarding those we like and those we don't, between whose work we appreciate and whose we find over-rated... One assumes that we're all supposed to adhere to the lowest common denominator... We don't... No one has said they're horrible people... Some of us have merely stated we don't care for them...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Most decorating styles go in and out of fashion and have for years; farmhouse style I think has been so popular because it is attainable and livable for most people. I have never liked signs or sayings on walls. Farmhouse may be waning in popularity, but I think it will always have a following, just like shabby chic and bohemian.

Valued Contributor
@Imaoldhippie. Yes it's my prerogative or not, and historian or not (I could care less of someone's title), this is NOT a castle. It's a home styled to appear as a castle with certain features. Its like building a life size sand castle on the beach & calling it a "waterfront castle". I don't get hung up on technicalities, I'd rather use common sense.

And if anyone thinks they didn't jump on the opportunity to use the word castle au nauseum to generate more profit & interest for themselves, I have an igloo in Alaska to sell. I'm obviously not a fan of either of them or their brand.