Esteemed Contributor

~~ Can Anyone Suggest A Fairly Inexpensive Cordless Vacuum Cleaner? ~~

I have mostly hardwood floors and get so tired of plugging and unplugging my canister to be able to hit all the rooms. With three pets I vacuum every day. I have a wonderful Dyson for our carpets, but would love to have a cordless to do our vinyl and hardwood floors. The cordless Dyson looks good, but I don't want to spend that much.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

Re: ~~ Can Anyone Suggest A Fairly Inexpensive Cordless Vacuum Cleaner? ~~

The least expensive would probably be a Swiffer SweeperVac. You would probably have to own more than one so that you could do the main areas at one time. That's what my friends with five dogs used before they bought their handheld Dyson.

Trusted Contributor

I love the rechargeable sweepers. I have purchased two in the last 13 yrs from Target (around 40$), so I felt I got my $$ worth. My latest (3rd) I went to BBB and spent about 60, less 20% coupon. Walmart or Target would probably be the cheapest.
Respected Contributor

The better the cordless, the better the suction needed for vacuuming. You do get what you pay for: you may have to replace the cheap ones several times over the cost of the Dyson. I use my handheld Dyson every day: when I decided to see just how much it left by comparison to the full blown model, I was pleasantly surprised that it did pick up most debris. HTH
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Regular Contributor

I am on my second electrolux cordless vacumn. I have all hardwood and pergo floors plus pet birds so i give my stick vac a real workout. The first one lasted over 5 years with multiple daily use. The battery finally would not hold a charge. I have had my new one for over a year...it is improved over the older model. I love that I can detach a hand vac option from it.... so handy. They are sold at BBB, Lowes, etc and run about $100 -$125 depending on where you buy it. It is easy to empty and the filters are washable..another plus.

Honored Contributor

I have a cordless Black & Decker stick vac that I find just as effective as my Dyson $300, cordless vac. The B & D comes in stick or hand vac. Got mine at Walmart.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I love the Shark cordless vacs! There is nothing like them! They are light and work like a charm. When one goes kaput, I rush out and buy another.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin