Honored Contributor

Re: Calling All Crafters - June 2016

@Qgirl26:  The item # for the blank Christmas cards is 499-588.  The cost is $39.95, but you get a lot for your money.....50 of the 5 x 7 cards/envelopes and 50 of the smaller size.  And they are stunners!!!!!  I love just about everything by Anna, and these certainly didn't disappoint.

I believe that they had sold out during the last show, but it looks like they're available now.  I highly recommend them.  

When I really get into my Christmas card making, I'm going to try to get creative and find ways to add either glitter or bows or something to make me feel less like I'm cheating!!!!!!

But I agree with you.....if you have many to make, and time gets short, it's awesome to be able to slap these beautiful toppers on top of those equally beautiful cards!!!

Valued Contributor

@Krimpette, I will keep those cards in mind. That sounds like quite a deal!

I'm like you, I want to dress my things up. I will hear Anna say what she does about how you just stick things on and sign the back and you get the credit for it. That always makes me uncomfortable. I want to get credit for it but only if I come up with my own design. So I plan to add a few little extras like bows and ribbons and whatever else I can find too. Great minds think alike!

Honored Contributor

@Qgirl26  Greetings!  So I'm working on Christmas cards and thought I'd pass on to you what I've been doing to not feel like totally "cheating"!  I'm using those blank cards that I mention to you.  Many of them have a gorgeous border, but a blank rectangle within the border.  It might be either white or red or green.  I had also bought the flocked layers (499-582).  I'm cutting a flocked layer to fit within that rectangular, "slap" on one of those beautiful toppers and voila!  Talk about a gorgeous card!!!!!!  Sometimes I've used foam squares for dimension, but mostly I'm just gluing onto the flocked layer.  I just love the look and thought I'd share with you!!!!

Respected Contributor

If you are interested in Anna Griffin and what she will offer on Oct 5, she has been doing sneak peeks on YouTube. Sneak peek 6 was posted yesterday. Believe it was Sneak peek 5 where she shows a lot of card related items.
Valued Contributor

@Krimpette, so sorry, somehow I didn't see this earlier! But what a wonderful way to use your Christmas toppers! I bet they are beautiful. I will definitely keep that in mind. I'm always trying to figure out how not to look like I'm "cheating". LOL! Thank you so much for sharing Smiley Happy