Honored Contributor

Any one have a Bosch dishwasher? I paid 924 for the Bosch series

500 and the dang thing is so complicated it takes an engineer to figure it out  every time you want to use it.

wants to go back to factory default settings each time U turn it on.

Think I'll take it back  and get a less complicated model.

Who wants to have to reset all the features every time you use it.

Respected Contributor

I have a Bosch, bottom of the line and I love it. Not many choices on the machine, less to go wrong.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

I have a Bosch, bottom of the line and I love it. Not many choices on the machine, less to go wrong.

Same here.  I’ve had Bosch dishwashers for many years.  The best dishwashers I’ve ever had, and I think I’ve had just about every brand.

Valued Contributor

I have had a Bosch for 4 years.  Mine is a simpler model because all I do is hit the Auto button then Start. It's very quiet but the cleaning isn't that great.  I think it's because my water is very hard.  I spoke to a CS Rep about it before, plus it was starting to smell bad.  The CS Rep was very helpful & he explained to me how to clean the various parts as we talked..it totally helped eliminate the smell.  He told me they now make dishwashers that have an automatic water softening dispenser, & that would be great to have if you have hard water.  When it's time to replace my d/w I will definitely get one with the water softener feature.

Contributor

I have the Bosch 800 Plus model. It has several settings & I use Auto almost all the time.i love Bosch. I clean the filter in bottom of dw about every 2 mo or when it starts to get stinky. Not an issue removing or replacing. Very quiet, holds a ton. I picked this model 4 yr ago when I saw ad for the 3rd rack. Everything you don't know what to do with can fit on that 3rd rack or just use for silverware. It's designed not to leak & ive never had it leak. Cleans extremely well plus I add Finish to help dry dishes. Well worth the price. My forever dishwasher!

Honored Contributor

Bosch has long standing quality on its side and the company has been around a long time.

https://www.bosch.com/our-company/our-history/

Hopefully, the OPs problem is something simple like holding the button a few seconds to "reset" it so it doesn't automatically go back to the factjory default setting....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

yeah, cleans great no trouble with that, but, **** do you have to reset it to the settings you want everytime you use it ?

mine wants to revert to factory defaults. It wants auto settings that takes

2 hrs to wash dishes, I want "one hr" , it wants no signal to alert you it 's  done and I want the loud signal indicator.

we're fighting against each other here.   Take this fellow back to Best Buy

Honored Contributor

I sent Bosch a email asking them if it's suppose to always be their way and the homeowner has to use  their factory defaults.

I'm Queen here. LOL Says hold down # 6, then at same time hold down 'A' then release then use 'C' to flip thru options,  etc.

Whose gonna  go thru all that once or twice a day , not me

Valued Contributor

We bought a Bosch over 5 years ago and we love it. The only problem is that it is TOO quiet, and my poor husband keeps opening it when it is on, because he cannot hear that it is going. I had to buy a magnet that says "clean" and "dirty", but that doesn't really work as he forgets to look at it.

My default is just the auto cycle. I can do half cycles, heavy, disinfect, etc, but it is really not complicated. I guess they have gotten more techie in the past few years. That is too bad, as I would have recommended mine to anyone and everyone. I never have to rewash anything, and it is easy to use.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE

My model is a basic one and several years old now, but to some degree you are correct about the default settings.  When I turn on my dishwasher it always is set to “Auto” and “Sanitize”.  If I want any other setting, I merely push the other button(s) to do so, then push “Start”.  I don’t find it time consuming or difficult.  

I don’t have a sound signal on mine, so I can’t comment on that.