Respected Contributor

Bopper, I got my new lamp set up last night.

The good: it's great to have light on the other side of the room. It makes a big difference. My room is less cave-like now. I like the style of the lamp. Casual traditional like my other things.

The bad: it's much darker than the photo. I expected it to be a medium oak color, but it's a dark walnut. Much darker than my other stuff. Had I known that, I probably wouldn't have purchased it. I've heard designers say wood tones don't need to match, so I'm hoping I'll get used to the dark color and decide it's OK.

Nonetheless, given that it was relatively inexpensive, it's probably a good solution for the time being, until I find something better. I suppose it's better than not having a lamp there at all. It's too difficult to pack up and return, so I guess I'll keep it. But I am sorry that it's just OK and not the perfect match that I expected.

But, I don't like the shade--I think it's too small for the lamp. And it makes the shades on my sofa lamps look way to big. Also, those shades are off-white, the shade on tne lamp is more beige, and I don't like them together. I think I need to take one of the sofa lamps and the new lamp to a great lamp store I found a couple of years ago and ask them to help me pick out new shades that will coordinate better than the current shades do. I kinda think I need to replace all three shades so that they work together better. Maybe even get the same shade for all 3. Not happy about spending $$ to replace perfectly functional shades, but it's bugging me that they don't look good together. But who knows, maybe if the shades coordinate, I'll like how the new lamp fits in with the others better.