Honored Contributor

Re: Aqua LR with Lots of Seating

what i want my family room to eventually look like!

Honored Contributor

I find the room to be comfortable looking and appealing.  The only problem I have is using the color black on the shelves and fireplace.  I love the aqua but the black isn't for me. Other than that, very nice!

Respected Contributor

This is really pretty and inviting. I would consider this a family room.

Respected Contributor

Too symmetrical to be anything but boring.  (And I can't stand that black hole of a TV above the fireplace.)

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono 

You're "speaking" my style again!  Thank you,

This is a gorgeous room.  Love the colors & style.  I'd be very happy there.  Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono 

this 2nd pic is even more beautiful than the 1st one.  Displaying the wall of doors with the oval window over them is so pretty.

Esteemed Contributor

This looks more like a warm inviting comfortable family room and I like it very much.  Sometimes I have difficulty judging a stand alone room.  I start thinking how it relates to the rest of the home, what kind of family lives there, etc.  I know my home has changed through the years as family changes over the years. Such fun to look at these great pictures.

Honored Contributor

I like this more than I thought I would. I would not usually choose aqua as a paint color, but it works here. Like the second picture with the outside view. I would prefer dark brown for the shelving & fireplace instead of black. 

Respected Contributor

It"s not for me.Looks like too much stuff.

Respected Contributor

There's a lot of things I love about this room.  The color, the windows, lighting/lanterns, beachy/coastal feel.  Even though there is not a lot of clutter, the room does look overcrowded.  The bench seating in the recessed wall areas on either side of the fireplace is a different idea.  I have a similar set up in my great room, but in the recessed areas I have cabinetry.  I too am not a fan of a huge TV over the fireplace.

I do think the room is beautiful with the ceiling and furnishings.  But I think in this case a little less might be more.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing