Honored Contributor

Hydrangea Hill Cottage: Moodboard Monday - Pink and Cocoa Inspiration

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono   I like the carefully coordinated elements and the color combination very much.

And pink tones are supposed to be most flattering to our complexions.  Note the light streaming in through the door and windows.

Honored Contributor

Yum!  All that's missing is a bowl of Hershey's Kisses on the table.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I am not a Pink fan so this is not for me. The painting might be OK if it has personal meaning to the owner but I don't care for it....I really don't like that shade of brown either so I guess I just don't like this space at all.

Regular Contributor

I like this alot! Only thing is that the painting scares meHeart

@lolakimono wrote:

Hydrangea Hill Cottage: Moodboard Monday - Pink and Cocoa Inspiration

Honored Contributor

No, thank you.  I will eat my chocolate.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I just gotta say,

I read the title "Chocolate Entryway" and immediately imagined the Keebler elve's chocolate cookie door, a gingerbread & chocolate door, a Willy Wonka chocolate door ...etc.

Respected Contributor

I find the color combination visually fascinating, but in reality, if it were my space to fill, I would keep the chocolate colored walls, vases, two small shelves, console table, and change everything else in the room, especially the paintings and sofa.  Pink items are too boldly feminine in my opinion, and that is hard for me to admit considering pink is my favorite color, and I am female. I prefer a more neutral palette of browns, beiges, tans, with a hint of blues or greens in a home, to keep it all more "earthy".  

Honored Contributor

Nice, but a little too dramatic for my tastes. 

Honored Contributor

Nope.  I could live with the brown walls and the flooring.  Everything else would have to go, especially that painting that overpowers the room.  If it's someone's portrait, it seems a tad on the diva side to display it like that.