Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone order H203598 Toile Burlap pumpkins by VPH?

SHOPR-Yes, I did order them, they shipped last Fri.9-19. Don't know if they'll get here this week or not. When I placed my order, there were 2 perfect 5-star reviews, since then the other not so good reviews have come in. But like you, I thought they would be made of styro, so I only care what they look like. Wonder what people expected them to be made of?? Will give my review when they arrive.

Esteemed Contributor

I suppose people make have expected them to be soft/plush and filled with poly-fill or something similar. I figured they were formed of a solid styrofoam mold because of how perfectly shaped they looked in all the pics. Looking forward to your honest thoughts as always. Hope you're pleased with them.

Respected Contributor

On 9/22/2014 SHOPR said:

I suppose people make have expected them to be soft/plush and filled with poly-fill or something similar. I figured they were formed of a solid styrofoam mold because of how perfectly shaped they looked in all the pics. Looking forward to your honest thoughts as always. Hope you're pleased with them.

That's sort of what happened to me with velvet pumpkins when they first were introduced in the marketplace. I expected them to be squishy. When I felt the first one at a local store and realized that they were all hard as a rock, I sort of lost interest. I still think they look neat, but they aren't as appealing to me. Now, my expectation of all of the fabric covered pumpkins is that they will be fabric applied to some hard substrate.