Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any Furnace Experts Out There???

On 10/19/2014 kachina624 said: I've never heard of this and have always lived in houses with gas heat. All my pipes are on the roof and nothing ever gets clogged except the satellite dish.

WOW, kachina624, neither did I. I just converted to gas last year from oil (old northern NJ house) and I got a little worried as I was reading because I do not have any outside pipes......lol I hoped that my chimney and roof vents were doing what those pipes do......lol

I was so afraid to switch to gas .I'm old. and hate change.lol I loved that big "bam " my oil furnace made when it went on and the loud rumble it made all day cranking up heat.I thought of it as the "heart" of my home........lol

My son,who takes care of everything for me,had the gas put in last year ,all the while I was kicking and screaming against it....lol......

But I absolutely LOVE it. It is so quiet and efficient and it kept my home perfectly warm all through last winter. That is a miracle ,I live on a cold windy hill top and was always raising the thermostat higher and higher, but did not have to last year! Did not even need a heater !

OP,Good luck with your problem.Maybe you should call a furnace guy or maybe the gas company can help you.