Honored Contributor

@Dar321 wrote:

Has any one ordered any "as is" products??  Are they usually ok, and worth a try, or should I not bother?  A lot of them are discounted, but not really that steeply.  Any help appreciated!

@Dar321  Everything I have bought "as is" has been like new.  I don't buy clothes, so that may be a different story.

Honored Contributor

@Dar321

Boots, Carole Hochman, Valerie (ceramic sculpted urns)... many others.

All were received in perfect condition.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I've purchased too many as items to list.  Mainly clothes and decor.  I've received a few clothing items in the wrong color, size or item.  It's all appeared in new condition.  Have had issues with decor here and there.  I seem to go in spurts.  A couple returns for things not working or broken, then I have a stretch with no issues.  I mark them defective and usually try again.  As long as it's costing me nothing to buy and return, I'll keep buying.

Esteemed Contributor

I am  an AS IS addict.  No problem here.  Never had any issues.  And the prices are way better.  I just lay in wait if I see something I like and when it appears I pounce.  I will add it is usually clothing. 

Respected Contributor

I have wondered why QVC even posts that warning about "As Is" products because all of mine have been in perfect condition.  My "as Is" bag just came and it is absolutely perfect with quite a saving.  Only problem, you may not have as many choices of color as you do with the regular priced items.

Honored Contributor

I have no problem buying 'As Is' products. Only once did I return an item because it was very damaged and unusable.  I can't believe they actually had it for sale. The Q refunded me 100%, even the return shipping wasn't charged to me for that item. Today I bought two As Is slip covers. They are a great price and I couldn't resist.Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I’ve ordered several As Is items and they’ve all been fine. None have been dirty or torn. A couple have had a light petroleum odor which dissipated once I washed the item or hung it up for a couple of days. I don’t go out of my way to shop for As Is items, but I don’t hesitate to order them if they’re available.

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone for your help.  I just ordered my first as is, in decor.  Fingers crossed!

Honored Contributor

I have ordered a few As Is items and have been pleased, except for shoes I ordered one time. It also seems the more expensive the item the better luck you will have that the item is in like new condition. The shoes I received and returned should have never been sold AS IS.

Trusted Contributor

@Dar321 wrote:

Thanks everyone for your help.  I just ordered my first as is, in decor.  Fingers crossed!

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Good luck, ----I've been more than pleased with any AS-IS! I love saving money on something I've been pining for!

⚓️