Honored Contributor

Re: A Question About How You Decorate............

[ Edited ]

In September I decorate for fall....and the first week in November I put the fall stuff away and decorate for Christmas....I stopped decorating for Thanksgiving...My Christmas decor is more labor intenstive for me so I want to enjoy that longer...and I dont entertain guests at my home for Thanksgiving anyway, we go out to a restaurant (although this year will be different it will be a take out Thanksgiving dinner from a favorite restaurant that 5 of us will enjoy at my sister's home.....)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I'm sure that they might have gotten out before weather gets bad (assuming here it is a colder climate) or while they had the free time, to get the Christmas stuff out. 

I put a few pumpkins and such out for fall, but virtually nothing for Christmas. Still, I want to fully exhaust the fall things before the winter or Christmas goes up. 

Mixed to me, is a mess.

Honored Contributor

One holiday at a time for me. I don’t have a lot, but my fall decorations are up in October & November. They are put away when Christmas decorations go up after Thanksgiving. 

Trusted Contributor

@SandySparkles I do the same, decorate Friday after thanksgiving.  My labor of love takes 3 days because, well, I am old and slow lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@chlema wrote:

@SandySparkles I do the same, decorate Friday after thanksgiving.  My labor of love takes 3 days because, well, I am old and slow lol.

@chlema  Slow, and steady wins the race.😂

It is so nice when we can step back, and marvel at our challenging, yet rewarding effort! If it brings joy to just one person and makes them smile, it was all worthwhile.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖