Honored Contributor

Valerie Parr Hill Illuminated Buildings/Church

[ Edited ]

Just a HU for anyone interested...H205805

They are now on clearance for $19.90...truly a terrific price for these pieces! I got the church last year and I think it's awesome. I plan on using it every year as long as I don't drop it! I gave it a 5 star review and find it's a real quality piece of decor. I read some of the most recent reviews and I have to just SMH

This is also not B/O...but has an electric cord with a toggle switch on the cord. If the small bulb ever burns out, they are easily replaceable at any hardware or mass merchandise store like WM.

Here's a pic of how I decorated with our church last year Smiley Happy

P2490399.JPG

Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill Illuminated Buildings/Church

Beautiful! What are those pretty items on the top shelf?
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
Beautiful! What are those pretty items on the top shelf?

@crazycockermom  Believe it or not, the 3 accent lamps are a matching set of a woodland theme. I got them all 2-3 years ago. The large one came from a decor site online I think is called Yankee Workshop and the 2 smaller ones came as a set from Kirklands.

Funny how neither site online sold all 3 of them...SMH...LOL

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise
That's funny! But so neat that you were able to get them all. They look great together and with the church too!
Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

They are now on clearance for $19.90...truly a terrific price for these pieces! I got the church last year and I think it's awesome. I plan on using it every year as long as I don't drop it! I gave it a 5 star review and find it's a real quality piece of decor. I read some of the most recent reviews and I have to just SMH

This is also not B/O...but has an electric cord with a toggle switch on the cord. If the small bulb ever burns out, they are easily replaceable at any hardware or mass merchandise store like WM.

P2490399.JPG

@Susan Louise  I have put that church in my cart several times but never followed through with the purchase.  I may this time.  It was in 'as is' for quite awhile.  Thanks for the HU.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

P2490399.JPG

@Susan Louise  I have put that church in my cart several times but never followed through with the purchase.  I may this time.  It was in 'as is' for quite awhile.  Thanks for the HU.

@lucymo  I wouldn't wait to hit the submit button too long since I would think the church would be the one most limited in quanities. Usually any decor item VPH and other QVC decor lines sells, the ones that have anything related to a church sells out 1st.

And remember, you can't go wrong for the price...I highly recommend!

Did you hit the submit button yet?!  Smiley Very Happy

DH and I are watching the movie 'A Royal Night Out' on Netflix...came out in 2015...a fun movie so far...

What are you watching on TV? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

P2490399.JPG

@lucymo  I wouldn't wait to hit the submit button too long since I would think the church would be the one most limited in quanities. Usually any decor item VPH and other QVC decor lines sells, the ones that have anything related to a church sells out 1st.

DH and I are watching the movie 'A Royal Night Out' on Netflix...came out in 2015...a fun movie so far...

@Susan Louise  I went to look at where I would use the church and then I knew why I didn't order it before.  It's a plug in and I wouldn't be able to do that there.

I'm not watching TV right now.  I've been catching up on things I've let go for too long.  Getting winter clothes ready to wear, packing up summer stuff, fun things you know.  We always have a full day on Sundays so I'll be heading off to bed soon and watch TV for awhile.  Hope you and DH have a restful night and a great day tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

P2490399.JPG

@Susan Louise  I went to look at where I would use the church and then I knew why I didn't order it before.  It's a plug in and I wouldn't be able to do that there.

I'm not watching TV right now.  I've been catching up on things I've let go for too long.  Getting winter clothes ready to wear, packing up summer stuff, fun things you know.  We always have a full day on Sundays so I'll be heading off to bed soon and watch TV for awhile.  Hope you and DH have a restful night and a great day tomorrow.

@lucymo  Oh yea, that's right! I remember you mentioning about the cord problem too! 

Get a good night's rest GF and enjoy your day tomorrow Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I purchased all three of these houses.  They are awesome.  Now, I live in an older home, not many electrical outlets.  So I had my husband rework the lights so I did not have to use a plug.  He took a 3" votive, secured it to the bottom of the opening (put in a rubber washer, then votive) with the bottom of the votive sitting  flush with the house.  So all I have to do is turn the house upside down to replace the batteries.  Works great, the light from the votive glows beautifully.  I am happy.

Honored Contributor

@devababy wrote:

I purchased all three of these houses.  They are awesome.  Now, I live in an older home, not many electrical outlets.  So I had my husband rework the lights so I did not have to use a plug.  He took a 3" votive, secured it to the bottom of the opening (put in a rubber washer, then votive) with the bottom of the votive sitting  flush with the house.  So all I have to do is turn the house upside down to replace the batteries.  Works great, the light from the votive glows beautifully.  I am happy.

@devababy  Good for you.  I am so used to B/O that I forget to plan for the plug ins.  I use built in book cases and no outlets so I just use the b/o items in them and no problems.  Kudos to DH for helping you out with the houses.