Honored Contributor

Re: Should I add owls and birds to my tree?

That's a beautiful tree.  I like that it isn't chock full of "stuff".  It looks like you had a plan and took care to place each ornament and every strand of ribbon exactly where you wanted it to go.  You can owls or birds if you want to, it depends on what you want this year.  But it is gorgeous just the way it is...or....was last year.

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@lucymo
Thanks - it definitely looks emptier in pics than it does in person. I agree that the eggs don't show up as well. But, there are some empty spaces that I thought would be perfect with birds or owls or picks. Just gotta figure out which colors.

@pattypeep
Thank you! I don't care for the overloaded trees. Sometimes there are so many decorations you can barely see the branches. lol. Since you like snowy owls, do you have the Home Reflections ones, H205946? I've had my eye on those. I know they aren't white and fluffy, but I think they are cute.

@crazycockermom

No, I don't have those. I became infatuated with Lisa R's fluffy white ones  first and then found others on Amazon.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom  Your tree is lovely!!! As for adding birds, owls, etc, it's up to you...

Our tree is decorated with a woodland theme...mainly various birds/animals like bears, moose, etc (ornaments I got from Yellowstone National Park), AND an ecletic mix of several vintage and handmade ornaments that my parents had on their tree which I grew up with and loved.

Here is a few pics of the mixture that might help you decide Smiley Happy

P2490413.JPG

P2490513.JPG

P2490404.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom your tree is lovely as is!  I wouldn't add all the animals, it will get too cluttered. As for the snowy owls, I don't have any but think they're more scary than cute.  

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree
Thank you so much! You understood my plan. Smiley Happy I have decided to add a few birds, but in moderation.

@pattypeep
Thanks for responding. The fluffy ones are so cute! I can see how they'd lead to wanting more.

@Susan Louise
Wow! I spy so many neat things, especially the cute birds and owls. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I have several sets of the MG clip on birds in red and pearl.  I think they wouldl look great on your tree.  

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne
Thanks! Pearl was at the top of my list. But I also thought red would be pretty. I even considered the blue, but didn't know if I wanted 8 blue birds. I wish they came in combo packs. Smiley Happy

I'm so indecisive as to which color to get that I still haven't ordered any. :/