Frequent Contributor

Re: Review of H208966 - Valerie's glitter trees

My glitter trees arrived today in the champagne but they didn't even make it out of the box.  Sadly there was such a strong odor that I just decided to return them because I couldn't stand the smell!  This is the last time I purchase a glittered item from the Q.  What upsets me the most is the expense of returning these back to the Q.......$8.95. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@LIL EARL wrote:

My glitter trees arrived today in the champagne but they didn't even make it out of the box.  Sadly there was such a strong odor that I just decided to return them because I couldn't stand the smell!  This is the last time I purchase a glittered item from the Q.  What upsets me the most is the expense of returning these back to the Q.......$8.95. Smiley Sad

@LIL EARL, I understand about the odor and not in a good way.  I placed an order for her set of 2 bead/pinecone trees and the odor was overwhelming, along with the fact that some of the cones, etc. had fallen off in the box.

I suggest you call CS to report the problem; I did that with mine and didn't have to pay to ship back.  Got all of my $ back.  That's what I would suggest.

Trusted Contributor

I received these today in Frost, and I'm disappointed because one of them didn't light.  After reading the posts here, I decided to open these outside.  I took them out of their bags and gave them both a shaking to get off the excess glitter before bringing them inside.  Although the trees would need to be fluffed, the branches were in no way mangled or twisted.  Had both of them lit up, they would have looked fantastic with a little work.  Since there's no guarantee that they will be back in stock, I requested a refund.  

Trusted Contributor

I received both sets of my trees yesterday.  So far I have unpacked the champagne set only ~ just too much stuff going on to deal with the frost pair.  I set the trees up in our bay window and since we had a cool, rainy day today decided to keep them lit all day.  I really like these ~ I do notice a slight odor (probably from the burlap) when I get close to them but I am hoping it will disappear over time.  I think these are really pretty ~ I'm hoping the frost pair will be just as nice.  I'll get to those tomorrow and post back again!  :-)

Oh, fedex did deliver my box and the box looked like it was run over by a train!  Even if I wanted to return them (which thankfully I don't) I would have had to find another box.   Wonder what went on with that but then again I probably don't want to know, lol!

Honored Contributor

@HisElk wrote:

@LIL EARL wrote:

@LIL EARL, I understand about the odor and not in a good way.  I placed an order for her set of 2 bead/pinecone trees and the odor was overwhelming, along with the fact that some of the cones, etc. had fallen off in the box.

I suggest you call CS to report the problem; I did that with mine and didn't have to pay to ship back.  Got all of my $ back.  That's what I would suggest.

Call CS - I had this same strong odor with VPH gingerbread house I ordered. Q issued me a total refund & return label.

Ive had this happen with strange mold odor when I've purchased something at  Dollar Tree holiday decorations.  I think they pack up stuff after the holiday vs selling them at 1/2 price.

Once that box gets wet/damp the contents take on the musty moldy smell.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@HisElk wrote:

@LIL EARL wrote:

Call CS - I had this same strong odor with VPH gingerbread house I ordered. Q issued me a total refund & return label.

Ive had this happen with strange mold odor when I've purchased something at  Dollar Tree holiday decorations.  I think they pack up stuff after the holiday vs selling them at 1/2 price.

Once that box gets wet/damp the contents take on the musty moldy smell.

@homedecor1  I received mine today, and no odor, but the bottoms felt damp, maybe it was just the stone base, but I removed the burlap and they can sit in the rec room until I am ready to decorate for Christmas.Smiley Happy  No glitter problem either, so maybe I was gipped of glitter. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

This isn't about her glitter trees but her fall leaf garland. I was going to put in an order for several of those and I was shocked at the price. Not only VPH prices but any of the garlands were so high. I can get beautiful garland anywhere around here at Michaels, AC Moore, our newly built Hobby Lobby and even Big Lots had an ad for some (though I haven't checked it out in person) and all were MUCH cheaper.

I can't say that I have bought a bunch of VPH merchandise. I think I bought candles as gifts years ago and each had their own bags for presents. I also got her Christmas wreath several times. The candles were fine but the wreath was pretty awful each time. I also get a much better deal at my local nursery and it was much fuller and just looked a lot better for half the price. Lesson learned. 

As a matter of fact I see most of the items she has at any of the above mentioned stores for at least 25% less and I don't have to pay for shipping. I like Valerie, she seems like a nice person but I seem to get better quality at a better price when I shop locally. I know everyone doesn't have that option though.

Waving hello to @His Elk, how are you doing my friend?? Good to see you!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

Unless you could spray these to encapsulate the glitter and then have a place to store them fully fluffed out, I think it would be a continuous glitter shedding.  The glitter is that very fine glitter that sticks to everything and doesn't blow off.

My daughter is a glitter nut and she has many Christmas items that have lots of glitter. She gets this stuff called Glue for Glitter and sprays all the items that have glitter on it and it really keeps the mess down @DecorDiva. It dries clear and doesn't ruin other stuff that may be with it like pinecones, beads or floral type of stuff. It has been a real life saver for her. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 - thanks for this info.  I will look for it at the various craft stores in my area.