Respected Contributor

Re: Holidays with Jill Premiere ~ What'd You Buy???

@lucymo
You heard me right. I don't have any reindeer!! I want some. Just not sure which I want. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

While I love to see home decor shows especially Christmas--- but did not purchase anything.. a lot of it looked like Valeries, too much looked alike---I did appreciate her trying a different theme, however, the glistening trees H209654 looked much like Valeries icicle trees ....H203513 ....  Valerie already showed us a lot finials.....the deer looked very much like the deer I got from Valerie long ago....the difference was the "fur" collar where mine had holly....Her crystal ornaments were again much like Valeries but at least they were on clearance....But I had to laugh about the savings on the porcelain sleigh on clearance (shown briefly) .... a savings of a whole $2 and change---come on QVC give a REAL clearance price now!

A couple of things I did like was that Jill said she didn't want to bring in the same things over and over and the fact she gave a bit more credit to the actual designers rather than herself for some of the items....and I like the idea of doing different themes....hopefully we get some variety in styles and products!

@lucymo  I did think the polar bears were cute.....both mom/cub and 2 cubs.....enjoy your purchase....  

@Spurt  Hi Spurt, I just couldn't pass the baby bears up since I already had the Mom and baby from last year. I'm thinking I will use the two babies in my icy scene that I do on a long table. 

The porcelain sleigh that Jill mentioned was already sold out yesterday before the show.  I thought about getting it but it was gone.  So, unless someone canceled their order it wasn't available.

I do like that Santa she had on last night.  I wanted to get it last year but kept passing on it.  I'd like to find it in 'as is' and the cost would be a little less.  That's always good.

@lucymo

That icy theme sounds neat.......I have a "winter wonderland" theme in my kitchen with snowmen and some cardinals....the polar bears might work there....but I controlled myself and passed on them....although I may regret it.. Woman Wink 

I'm going to a small shopping center this afternoon and pick up some birthday gifts.....I will stop in at The Hallmark Store, Pier One, Bath & Body Works, and Bed Bath & Beyond.....so let's see how my self control holds up...Woman LOL  Then I'll meet some friends for a late lunch and rest from all my shopping ....

@Spurt  The Mom and baby bears were in 'as is' all summer but I think they are sold out now. 

Spurt, I hate to say this but I just can't put my bet on your self control this afternoon.  I would lose I'm pretty sure.  P1 is where I'd be most tempted with all the beautiful things they have.

Have fun, that's what's important.

Honored Contributor

To those of you who did buy, I say this:  Home Goods locally.  No shipping and handling charges nor charges to return something.  Have fun - they have nice decorative holiday things at great prices.

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@lucymo
You heard me right. I don't have any reindeer!! I want some. Just not sure which I want. Smiley Happy

@crazycockermom  I just started getting the deer and can't seem to stop although I'm running out of space to use them.  I have a large entertainment center and I do a snowy forest scene on top and use a lot of small  snow sprayed trees and  a lot of reindeer there.

So, I will warn you, once you get a pair of deer you will be hooked. Smiley Happy  My daughters think of me every time they see Reindeer somewhere.  Always send me pictures from the store and ask if I want it.  HL had some crystal ones a few years ago but for a pair would have been close to $200 so I passed, knowing those would be the ones that I would knock over and break.  I hope you find some deer that you love. Check out Zulily too as they have some deer from time to time.  @mousiegirl has bought some there.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

To those of you who did buy, I say this:  Home Goods locally.  No shipping and handling charges nor charges to return something.  Have fun - they have nice decorative holiday things at great prices.

@Pearlee  Hi Pearly,  I don't have a Home Goods near me or I sure would go there.  I have to travel to get to one so don't go often.  We don't have a lot of the good stores close enough to shop at regularly. 

Honored Contributor

@lucymo  I understand.  Of course Marshall's and TJ Maxx also have good things (same company) - just not as much variety as Home Goods.  You probably aren't close to those either.

A specialty store in one of our malls - can't remember its name now - Urban Something-or-other, has really beautiful winter deer for sale.  I almost bought them on clearance after Xmas last year.   At any rate, I do live in a large city and we have tons of options locally for holiday decorating so I would not purchase from QVC, esp. after their "no postage refunds" policy was implemented.   I do understand that not everyone has that convenience though.

Super Contributor

I didn't buy anything.  The Icy white winter Christmas theme doesn't work for me.  I live in CA and that style just doesn't suit me.  I think I'm more of a traditional Christmas themed person.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@lucymo  I understand.  Of course Marshall's and TJ Maxx also have good things (same company) - just not as much variety as Home Goods.  You probably aren't close to those either.

A specialty store in one of our malls - can't remember its name now - Urban Something-or-other, has really beautiful winter deer for sale.  I almost bought them on clearance after Xmas last year.   At any rate, I do live in a large city and we have tons of options locally for holiday decorating so I would not purchase from QVC, esp. after their "no postage refunds" policy was implemented.   I do understand that not everyone has that convenience though.

@Pearlee  Yes, we do have TJMaxx and Marshalls and some other places to shop.  But, when I'm near a larger city I can shop most of the good 'home' stores. 

I love where I live now but miss the convenience of  having so many places to shop.  I don't blame you for going where the shopping is better with less hassle and expense.  I would do the same.

Have a great weekend.  Don't spend all of your money at the Columbus Day sales.  lol

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:
@lucymo

@crazycockermom  I just started getting the deer and can't seem to stop although I'm running out of space to use them.  I have a large entertainment center and I do a snowy forest scene on top and use a lot of small  snow sprayed trees and  a lot of reindeer there.

So, I will warn you, once you get a pair of deer you will be hooked. Smiley Happy  My daughters think of me every time they see Reindeer somewhere.  Always send me pictures from the store and ask if I want it.  HL had some crystal ones a few years ago but for a pair would have been close to $200 so I passed, knowing those would be the ones that I would knock over and break.  I hope you find some deer that you love. Check out Zulily too as they have some deer from time to time.  @mousiegirl has bought some there.

@lucymo  "I have a large entertainment center and I do a snowy forest scene on top and use a lot of small  snow sprayed trees and  a lot of reindeer there." 

I would love to see a picture of this display. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@

@crazycockermom  Cracker Barrel.  These are gorgeous.  Website has free Shipping on $50.