Honored Contributor

Re: Holidays with Jill Premiere ~ What'd You Buy???

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:
@lucymo
You heard me right. I don't have any reindeer!! I want some. Just not sure which I want. Smiley Happy

@crazycockermom  I just started getting the deer and can't seem to stop although I'm running out of space to use them.  I have a large entertainment center and I do a snowy forest scene on top and use a lot of small  snow sprayed trees and  a lot of reindeer there.

So, I will warn you, once you get a pair of deer you will be hooked. Smiley Happy  My daughters think of me every time they see Reindeer somewhere.  Always send me pictures from the store and ask if I want it.  HL had some crystal ones a few years ago but for a pair would have been close to $200 so I passed, knowing those would be the ones that I would knock over and break.  I hope you find some deer that you love. Check out Zulily too as they have some deer from time to time.  @mousiegirl has bought some there.

@lucymo  "I have a large entertainment center and I do a snowy forest scene on top and use a lot of small  snow sprayed trees and  a lot of reindeer there." 

I would love to see a picture of this display. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  And you shall if I can climb up there this year.  lol   DH fixes me a 'saw horse stand'  so I can arrange the trees and deer. 

I wish that trip we all took on rosehill's broom last year  could be for real.  There are so many on here that I would love to visit and see their displays in person.  Cameras just can't capture the real beauty of  them or the atmosphere of the room.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@

@crazycockermom  Cracker Barrel.  These are gorgeous.  Website has free Shipping on $50.

@lucymo  You just had to post this, lol.  I think they would look wonderful in my woodsy display. Smiley Happy  By the way, I saw something there that is five dollars less than at zulily, shockling.

I bought nothing of Jill's last night.  Her tree looked nice and full, but I am not quite ready for a faux green tree.  Those finials were something.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:
@lucymo
You heard me right. I don't have any reindeer!! I want some. Just not sure which I want. Smiley Happy

@crazycockermom  I just started getting the deer and can't seem to stop although I'm running out of space to use them.  I have a large entertainment center and I do a snowy forest scene on top and use a lot of small  snow sprayed trees and  a lot of reindeer there.

So, I will warn you, once you get a pair of deer you will be hooked. Smiley Happy  My daughters think of me every time they see Reindeer somewhere.  Always send me pictures from the store and ask if I want it.  HL had some crystal ones a few years ago but for a pair would have been close to $200 so I passed, knowing those would be the ones that I would knock over and break.  I hope you find some deer that you love. Check out Zulily too as they have some deer from time to time.  @mousiegirl has bought some there.

@lucymo  "I have a large entertainment center and I do a snowy forest scene on top and use a lot of small  snow sprayed trees and  a lot of reindeer there." 

@mousiegirl  And you shall if I can climb up there this year.  lol   DH fixes me a 'saw horse stand'  so I can arrange the trees and deer. 

I wish that trip we all took on rosehill's broom last year  could be for real.  There are so many on here that I would love to visit and see their displays in person.  Cameras just can't capture the real beauty of  them or the atmosphere of the room.

@lucymo  Ohhh, you put the display at the top, now that is some project.  DH only put garlands on the top of the red room cabinets last year and you should have heard the moans, lol, and later on, I told him to leave them there and only remove the batteries, but he took them down, so now he has to put them back up soon, and with the tree there now, it will be even more difficult, so I am going to buy ear plugs for that day, LOL.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@

@crazycockermom  Cracker Barrel.  These are gorgeous.  Website has free Shipping on $50.

@lucymo  You just had to post this, lol.  I think they would look wonderful in my woodsy display. Smiley Happy  By the way, I saw something there that is five dollars less than at zulily, shockling.

I bought nothing of Jill's last night.  Her tree looked nice and full, but I am not quite ready for a faux green tree.  Those finials were something.

@mousiegirl  You know I always try to be helpful.  Smiley Happy  Did I order these deer?  You know it. 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:
@lucymo

@lucymo  Ohhh, you put the display at the top, now that is some project.  DH only put garlands on the top of the red room cabinets last year and you should have heard the moans, lol, and later on, I told him to leave them there and only remove the batteries, but he tookd them down, so now he has to put them back up soon, and with the tree there now, it will be even more difficult, so I am going to buy ear plugs for that day, LOL.

@mousiegirl  Yes, on top.  A friend came in one year and asked who I got to put that display up there and was surprised when I said that I do.  I think I told you that I am a stroke survivor but nothing stops me from doing what I want to decorate.  lol  Yeah, I had no risk factors but had a stroke about 15 years ago. 

Anyway, did you see anything that makes you want to run to Cracker Barrel store?  I need to go check out their animal ornaments.  I wonder if we could use them in a cloche scene with a house.

Tell DH that maybe if we can do these projects at the same time we'll feel better knowing someone else is 'hanging from the ceiling' too.  LOL

Respected Contributor

@lucymo
Those are gorgeous! I have a Cracker Barrel right down the street. I need to go to the grocery store so may just have to stop by.

Being in Florida, it feels a bit odd doing a big winter type scene. However, I have put down fake snow for my skating snowmen before.

I also don't have a lot of places to put things so I need to buy carefully and really think about where I'm going to display things. But I do have room for a few deer with either a tree or sleigh.
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@lucymo
Those are gorgeous! I have a Cracker Barrel right down the street. I need to go to the grocery store so may just have to stop by.

Being in Florida, it feels a bit odd doing a big winter type scene. However, I have put down fake snow for my skating snowmen before.

I also don't have a lot of places to put things so I need to buy carefully and really think about where I'm going to display things. But I do have room for a few deer with either a tree or sleigh.

@crazycockermom  I know what you mean about snow scenes and living in Florida.  When we lived in the Philippines we waited until after sundown to put up our outside Christmas lights.

I have been known to use covered boxes for space to display on.  Of course you have the space to put the boxes too.  I saw some of Cracker Barrel's Christmas items a couple of weeks ago but don't remember seeing these deer.  You will know what you want when you see it.  If I lived down the street from Cracker Barrel I'm sure I'd be there eating too often.  I love their food.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I bought nothing, I didn't see anything that I can't buy locally, nothing special.

Agree. Love Jill but the products are not special. If you want that kind of thing, you can find it locally with no shipping.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@

I have a set that look a lot like these, mine are large, set them on the floor by the tree. Made of paper mache, I had to make ribbon with decorations for around their necks. I've had them so long I can't remember where I got them. But while I was in the donating mode, these I kept, lol. I love them.

"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

I bought the white trees.  Last year i bought the silver icy tress as is and really love them. I got the champagne in valeries trees like this as is also. I always wanted the white and am afraid to wait until they show up as is. I missed out on the icy picks and hope they come back but in case they dont I ordered a set from valeries that is snow covered and glittered too. you only get five instead of eight but I think I will like them. I missed her show but had it recorded and then I had a hard time finding the trees but found them on new arrivals. I am debating on the bronze sleigh, I do not have a sleigh but i have the reindeer jill offered and some ladies think they would go good together so I might do that. I am also thinking about the icy wreath but wait until they come as is cause i dont like it that much to pay that price