Honored Contributor

I got the iced branch item - can't remember the exact name.  Thinking about a couple other items I found that weren't on the show.  The red ice drop ornaments, VPH mercury glass bird ornaments in silver & some branch picks in gold & silver - still thinking about these.  For someone who told herself no new holiday decorations this year cuz I have enough and won't even be home for the Christmas holiday this year so not decorating, I sure didn't listen to myself!

Frequent Contributor

Looks like the winter wonderland theme is very popular this year.  This picture comes from a White Barn store.  image1.JPG

Trusted Contributor

LOL, I like the Game of Thrones reference with "Winter Is Coming."  I've been doing all white and silver for the past 4 years, and noticed how the theme has been getting more popular every year.  It works particularly well if your sense of style is contemporary or modern, and if you have an all-adult household.  It's definitely a more grown-up look.  

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

LOL, I like the Game of Thrones reference with "Winter Is Coming."  I've been doing all white and silver for the past 4 years, and noticed how the theme has been getting more popular every year.  It works particularly well if your sense of style is contemporary or modern, and if you have an all-adult household.  It's definitely a more grown-up look.  

@RazorSharp  Does this picture look familiar?  It looks like the item Jill said she created, except for color and the light up feature.

Honored Contributor

Re: Holidays with JB - 10/7

[ Edited ]

I thought the polar bears were very cute (I love animals) but of course I want both sets so I held off for now.

I wasn't sure at first about the large finials but I really liked them when I saw them presented.

I also liked the iced branch picks but I missed them last night (wow - they went fast!) but I was able to grab one set this morning. I got lucky!

I'm thinking able the iced trees in gold to mix in with my Fall decor. It seems like a darker gold, not a brassy gold. What do you think of that idea?

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@RazorSharp  Does this picture look familiar?  It looks like the item Jill said she created, except for color and the light up feature.

Yeah, it looks so much like the version Jill did.  I think she hunts through Christmas decor websites like Christmas Central, copies the photos of items she likes, and sends them off to QVC's manufacturers in China to make replicas with her desired modifications.  

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

Yeah, it looks so much like the version Jill did.  I think she hunts through Christmas decor websites like Christmas Central, copies the photos of items she likes, and sends them off to QVC's manufacturers in China to make replicas with her desired modifications.  

@RazorSharp @mousiegirl  Didn't Valerie have one like that  a year or so ago?  I'm really getting confused with all these 'designers' hawking products that bear such strong resemblance to each other.

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@RazorSharp @mousiegirl  Didn't Valerie have one like that  a year or so ago?  I'm really getting confused with all these 'designers' hawking products that bear such strong resemblance to each other.

@lucymo I think Valerie offered a sleigh with the reindeer taking off a while back, but not one that has the deer taking off at such an abrupt angle.  I'm not good at geometry or physics, but I'd say that the angle of the deer plus the speed required for take off would make this Santa and his sleigh end up flat on their back then dragged about 50 feet before launching into the air at a 90 degree angle.  I find the piece totally terrifying.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Holidays with JB - 10/7

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo  I think Valerie's deer were two pair of four side by side, not climbing into the sky.  This is Jill's.

Santa Taking Flight Metal Sleigh & Flying Reindeer - H209600

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo I think Valerie offered a sleigh with the reindeer taking off a while back, but not one that has the deer taking off at such an abrupt angle.  I'm not good at geometry or physics, but I'd say that the angle of the deer plus the speed required for take off would make this Santa and his sleigh end up flat on their back then dragged about 50 feet before launching into the air at a 90 degree angle.  I find the piece totally terrifying.  

@RazorSharp.  The thought of that scene cracks me up.  Thanks for clearing that up. lol