Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR  H209555  I wish this wouldn't have a stationary candle.

@mousiegirl, I know what you mean.  I think we are now very spoiled by moving flames like Luminara and other nicer styled candles, and that makes anything less just not as appealing.  I also think they need to sell things like this with taller hurricanes. 

@mousiegirl, The candle doesn't appear attached, if that is what you meant.  Sorry if I misunderstood.  They photographed the bottom of the candle by itself. 

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl, I know what you mean.  I think we are now very spoiled by moving flames like Luminara and other nicer styled candles, and that makes anything less just not as appealing.  I also think they need to sell things like this with taller hurricanes. 

@mousiegirl, The candle doesn't appear attached, if that is what you meant.  Sorry if I misunderstood.  They photographed the bottom of the candle by itself. 

@SHOPR  I wonder if the hurricane is attached, I can't tell.  guess I had better watch the show, lol.

@mousiegirl@SHOPR I think the candle cheapens the look of it.  I also think the item as a whole is very overpriced.  

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR  I wonder if the hurricane is attached, I can't tell.  guess I had better watch the show, lol.

@mousiegirl@SHOPR I think the candle cheapens the look of it.  I also think the item as a whole is very overpriced.  

@RazorSharp  Now why would you think this masterpiece is anything but elegant?  Just because it's a thin bunch of sticks with a cheap candle in the middle doesn't mean it should be relegated to the "over priced" bin.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

@mousiegirl.  Thank you.  I got the red.  I have a bare branch tree from the Q that has multiple light options.  I call it my Charlie Brown tree.  Can't wait.  Just what the bare branches need when I use the white lights.  My white owls live in the tree so I purchased the red dew drops.  I keep the tree up all year and change for the season.  I have 2 cats so the regular trees caused a problem between mother and "children".   Two years and they are still learning that everything of mine is not theirs.   I have to rescue an owl every once in awhile.  My tree is 4' and it is on top of a stand so it reaches the ceiling.  The height and relocating furniture  means nothing to them.  I will have to take a daily count of my red drops as I count my owls.

@Gram W

Your tree sounds very pretty....

Kitties do present a challenge at Christmas time as they think we put it up for their sheer enjoyment and entertainment....Cat LOLCat Wink   I have to watch my owl ornament and bird ornaments very closely......so I totally understand your situation.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Gram W wrote:

@mousiegirl.  Thank you.  I got the red.  I have a bare branch tree from the Q that has multiple light options.  I call it my Charlie Brown tree.  Can't wait.  Just what the bare branches need when I use the white lights.  My white owls live in the tree so I purchased the red dew drops.  I keep the tree up all year and change for the season.  I have 2 cats so the regular trees caused a problem between mother and "children".   Two years and they are still learning that everything of mine is not theirs.   I have to rescue an owl every once in awhile.  My tree is 4' and it is on top of a stand so it reaches the ceiling.  The height and relocating furniture  means nothing to them.  I will have to take a daily count of my red drops as I count my owls.

That's so funny about your cats.  Thankfully, my kitties are content to just sleep under my trees.  Only damage is fur build up on the tree skirts.

This year, I've got a new puppy in the house, so this should be fun.  I'm thinking of trying to find a wire and picket fence (or make one) that I can circle my big tree with.  I'd paint decorations on the fence pickets to make it Christmassy and it will keep puppy mostly out of trouble.

@Buck-i-Nana

My cats love to sleep under the tree too, but sometimes they fight over who gets the "best spot".....And I have to keep a lint brush on hand to take the cat hair off the tree skirt....LOL!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@mousiegirl

@RazorSharp

Nothing grabs me so far.

How about you?

@ChiliPepperI like the polar bear.  I got the one she had last year and got so many compliments on it.  They are so light weight since they are made of foam but I really like them.

Respected Contributor

Checked the link that was posted, and I think my wallet is safe. I will watch the show for inspiration, but I really don't need anything. Well, I really don't "need" any Christmas decor, but I do fall for "wants" once in awhile.

Honored Contributor

Re: Holidays with JB - 10/7

[ Edited ]

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Gram W wrote:

That's so funny about your cats.  Thankfully, my kitties are content to just sleep under my trees.  Only damage is fur build up on the tree skirts.

This year, I've got a new puppy in the house, so this should be fun.  I'm thinking of trying to find a wire and picket fence (or make one) that I can circle my big tree with.  I'd paint decorations on the fence pickets to make it Christmassy and it will keep puppy mostly out of trouble.

@Buck-i-Nana  DH made two picket fences, and painted them white, with hinges to go around two trees to keep our pups away, and I saw one of them eying the ornaments, lol. She has already chewed up four ear phones in two weeks, and she is almost four, thought she had outgrown that.  She doesn't want to chew on what I give her, only what she shouldn't.  The other, a male, is a doll, but the girl drives me nuts!  

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

Checked the link that was posted, and I think my wallet is safe. I will watch the show for inspiration, but I really don't need anything. Well, I really don't "need" any Christmas decor, but I do fall for "wants" once in awhile.

@SunValley  I won't be tempted either.  The only thing I saw that I would like to check out is the Polar Bear.  I doubt that it will be in tonight's show though.  She had some bears in her show last year and I think it was in November.

'Want' is stronger than 'Need' most of the time.  lol

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heads up on the show.  I usually miss Jill's shows.  I'm not buying, but I will watch.  I bet she shows the sled.

Trusted Contributor

I ended up getting the large finials in silver, because I like the look of them unlit, and I think they could be used year round.  A lot of the other stuff that was presented looked almost identical to stuff I've seen at the At Home store.  It was funny how when she was presenting the polar bears, she commented about how she wanted to create items for us that you can't find in stores, meanwhile, they have almost the exact same polar bears at that store.