Trusted Contributor

H206231 Oversized Decorative Seigh by Valerie - back in stock

I bought this last year, and I don't think it got an on-air presentation before selling out.  I think it's well made.  I put it in my entry way with a small decorated artificial tree and some of those storage boxes sold by Michael's with vintage christmas patterns on them. 

Honored Contributor

Re: H206231 Oversized Decorative Seigh by Valerie - back in stock

@DecorDiva, Wow, that is a great item. I don't have room for it, otherwise I would buy it, that's for sure.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

That is a great sleigh but I don't have anywhere to use it.   One of Valerie's best offerings if you can use red.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

That is a great sleigh but I don't have anywhere to use it.   One of Valerie's best offerings if you can use red.

@lucymo  I wonder why it is described as decorative sleigh, when it is not decorated.  Don't get me started on sleighs, lol, have so many, some I havn't seen for years, but hope to use again one day, very large indoor, and many small.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  I wonder why it is described as decorative sleigh, when it is not decorated.  Don't get me started on sleighs, lol, have so many, some I havn't seen for years, but hope to use again one day, very large indoor, and many small.

@mousiegirl  Well, I think they call it decorative so you know to use it as a decor piece, don't plan to load up the kid and go sleigh riding. I noticed they didn't offer a horse either.  Just my opinion.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I cannot believe the price of this sleigh for what it actually is.

I have one in a similar size that I bought at Walmart maybe 10 years ago. It is simply stunning and so much more decorative than this one. It is very heavy, with lots of holly ornamentation on it, and a very nice shade of antiqued green.

It is that once a season wonder that you can find (or used to) at Walmart, and it was only $20!

Some years I fill it with vintage "Night Before Christmas" books that I collect, and sometimes I place a small tree and gifts. 

Now I know why I have such trouble scaling back my Christmas decor. I have some unique and well made things that just aren't replicated today.