Respected Contributor

Re: Battery Operated Candle?

@Kimnola wrote:
I have never owned such a candle. In your opinion, what do suggest as to reliability and authenticity? Thanks

@Kimnola I always purchased Luminara candles until I picked up a set of Candle Impressions and personally, I like both but would prefer the Luminara because of the longer battery life. I was able to buy when they were on lunchtime special and were at a lower cost. I am glad I tried before purchasing a set at regular price. I will say the Candle Impressions are, in my opinion, cheaper, then Luminara!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kimnola  I own both Candle Impressions and Luminara. I would ditto @ScarletDove . I think the Luminara have lasted many years for me, and I have not had as long to test the CI. But, lately the CI seem burn out faster. That being said, my grandkids just love to "blow out" the "touch" versions I have.. I don't burn any real candles now. And the good news is, when the electricity goes out, you have light! Also, just a note, buy your batteries at Costco, and then buy stock in Costco or in Duracell! Hahahaha! But it's worth it!

Respected Contributor

I’ve had Candle Impressions flameless candles since they were introduced. Some are classic, while others have Christmas or nature designs. The originals need to be turned on manually, but the others have timers. I’ve got about 6 Candle Impressions candles on our mantle set to turn on at 11 pm every night. The batteries last for almost a year before they need to be replaced.

I also have their early attempt at a “flickering flame” candle that’s made out of some sort of acrylic/resin material. These never worked that well, but they look good in the wall sconces, so I kept them. If the flickering flame was that important to me, I’d get the other brand. 

Trusted Contributor

I have both Luminara & Ci candles throughout my home, & really enjoy them.

Valued Contributor

@K9buddy-- I thought the same thing.  I hesitated buying them because I don't want to look at a plastic flame all day when the candle is off.  I hate plastic fake things!

My first luminara was H210179 because it comes in a frosted glass hurricane and you can't see the flame, you just see the glow and the movement through the frosted glass.  They are beautiful, and I'm not sure why QVC is discontinuing that version.

When I buy the regular candles, I get the high/low version in light colors.  The flame sort of fades into the back of the candle when its off so you don't notice it as much.  I won't buy darker colors like red or green because the plastic flame really shows up when its not on.

Honored Contributor

I have many of these candles. I think I'm addicted to them lol.

Honored Contributor

@Kimnola   I have Candle Impressions, Luminara, and Home Reflections, all, but especially Candle Impressions and Home Reflections have fantastic battery life, hardly ever have to change the batteries.

Honored Contributor

@K9buddy wrote:

The Luminara  candles seem to look very realistic when they’re lit, but don’t they look really fake when they’re not lit?

@K9buddy   No.  They are beautiful either way.

Trusted Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@colliemom4   Me too!!  I have to slap my own hand so I don't order more which I don't need!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Newgate wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@colliemom4   Me too!!  I have to slap my own hand so I don't order more which I don't need!Woman LOL

@Newgate  Glad I'm not alone lol. Cat LOL