Frequent Contributor
I have never owned such a candle. In your opinion, what do suggest as to reliability and authenticity? Thanks
Honored Contributor

Re: Battery Operated Candle?

Are you asking about flameless candles in general @Kimnola ?

I prefer candle impressions flameless candles.  Some folks like the Luminara candles that have the moving flame.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Frequent Contributor

@Bird mama Yes, flameless candles. LOL couldn't think of how they were identified. I will look at Candle Impressions. Thanks... P. S. anything that doesn't emit additional heat down here 🌞
Valued Contributor

I have really enjoyed my Luminara candles.  They look beautiful everywhere.  Friends & family always think they are real.  

I display them all year round, the battery life is excellent (I use the ones that take two D batteries).  I have them on the timer function so they turn on and off at the same time every night.  I rarely ever use the remotes, but they also work beautifully.  I love that I don't have to worry about them.  If you leave them on while you're out, or if you fall asleep its not a concern.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm another Luminara candle lover and have dozens in different styles.

They're a little pricy, but the most realistic looking flameless candles, IMO.

I've had lots of mine for many years and have never had one stop working.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

The Luminara  candles seem to look very realistic when they’re lit, but don’t they look really fake when they’re not lit?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like and use both Luminaria and Candle Impressions.   Luminaria is the one created by the imagineers at Disney, they designed so the flame actually moves (through the movement of air in candle base) which makes a flicker like a real flame.  I love the Luminaria and just ordered 4 to put in my candelabra which is rustic and not electrified.  Candle Impressions has a flicker but the flame does not move like the Luminaria, it is a stationary plastic shaped flame and the flicker is inside the candle and projects into the stationary flame. All have timers (some with remotes) so I use to meet my need.  I use both for different situations, it is simply what you like for how or where you want to use a battery-operated candle.  I have the Luminaria Colonial Window candles that I have used for years in my front windows during holidays. It is the moving flicker that gives the authenticity to these and I have loved these candles for this reason, authenticity.  Batteries last the entire season and I put them out late November and keep in window through January; do not need to change batteries.  Lots of great choices and both Luminaria and Candle Impressions have sales now in the CIJ sale...but they go quick!

Honored Contributor

I have both luminara and candle impressions.  My go to is luminara that take D batteries because they have the best battery life.  The newest luminara have a couple timer settings.  The previous version have a 5 hour timer.  

Respected Contributor

Candle Impressions far and away are the best.  I still have eight of their candles I purchased the first year they appeared on QVC.  The still work and I get twice the battery life from them than Luminara.  I have had nothing but problems with Luminara.  I really wish Candle Impressions would offer more variety.  They don't have a lot available online.

Trusted Contributor

I have both brands of flameless candles.  I prefer Luminara without a doubt.  They are more realistic looking, from the outside as well as inside the house.  I once had a neighbor call about the live flame late at night. She was worried that I had fallen asleep with a lit candle in the kitchen.