Respected Contributor

Re: Another Use for Broken Slatkin Candles

@brandy77 wrote:

@ScarletDove Thank you, things are still tough here, FEMA turned us down, and I just learned Red Cross has too, they seem to be denying almost everyone based on what I read on their Facebook page, but we are better off than a lot of people, we were really lucky, so it'll be hard for awhile but we will get by. They've got a glitch in their notification system and since midnight last night they text me a denial about every twenty minutes, so I barely got any sleep. I couldn't turn my phone off since my elderly father calls if he needs me and my Tracfone doesn't have a blocking feature.

I wish my Autumn Leaves had had a leave scent, that's what I expected from the name, but I came away thinking they should have called it Autumn Berries instead, it was more like a blend of tangy mixed berries, I didn't smell anything earthy, or leafy, or any pumpkin either, maybe a hint of apple, not sure. When it burned down to the halfway mark it stopped smelling at all.

I may end up just keeping them instead of sending them back and making wax melts, I get a better scent throw that last longer based on this experiment with Peach Bellini.

@brandy77    Hang in there, it will get better but you have to go through this rough patch....you have friends here, so use the forum for support if necessary.  You know more about candle scents than I, am learning reading some of these posts.  Take care of yourself......

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@september wrote:

@brandy77  I haven't yet read any other threads about this issue, but are you suggesting that anyone who receives damaged merchandise, should do something other than ask for a full refund?

I would not do this.  

Can't begin to imagine how anyone drew this conclusion from this thread.

@Mominohio  AMEN!

Respected Contributor

@brandy77 wrote:

@Spurt I hope these come through OK, I've never posted photos here. Tabby is my little girl, she's a brown Tabby and just turned ten, the grocery store bakeries were back up and running in time after the storm for me to get her a cupcakes so we could celebrate. No-No No-Tail (I didn't choose the name, he was already named when I adopted him) is a two year old male Munchkin cat. His legs may be short but he is FAST and loves to run and jump and play, I just worry if he falls because he doesn't land on his feet like most cats do.

tabbyandnono.jpgtabbyandnono.jpg

@brandy77  Your babies are beautiful and I love tabbies; your Munchkin cat is just adorable.......I have a mixed Norwegian Forest Cat named Maxwell, he is a big long-hair gray and white boy....

Frequent Contributor

@ScarletDove Thank you! No-No is still a little wild and learning (I hope) not to bite too hard when he plays. Your Maxwell sounds beautiful. 

Esteemed Contributor

The slalkin brand is not what it use to be.

Frequent Contributor

@SHOPR I know it's been awhile since I posted here, but you asked about the Egg Nog scent, i went ahead and tried it as melts the other day, as soon as it had melted I knew I had made a mistake. It was AWFUL almost like burning butter with maybe a splash of rum, but I'm not sure about that as I don't drink alcohol. My elderly father came in the house and started yelling at me, I was on the computer and he thought I was so caught up in whatever I was doing online that I had forgotten something was in the oven and was now burning. When I told him it was the candle he said "Get rid of it!" I happily obliged. Spiked Egg Nog was not a pleasant experience. The best thing I can say about it is that, as melts at least, the throw was strong and lingering. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@brandy77, I really appreciate your review of the egg nog scent.  How terrible.   I don't think I will be trying it.  

At this point, the only way I will order more of the scents I like is if they are practically giving them away, or if they sell them individually and at a reasonable price including s&h.  We all have our favorites and also those that we cannot tolerate, so individually is best, in my opinion.  

There are some scents I might try in tealight sets if the price is low enough, as in as-is priced along with free shipping. I am probably dreaming.  LOL

Such adorable cats.  

Frequent Contributor

@SHOPR I ended up returning all the Slatkin candles I bought except for the broken ones Customer Service told me to keep.  It was just too big an expense for too disappointing a product especially so soon after the hurricane. I should have gone with my original instinct to cancel the orders before they shipped, but I was so down and all the hype and rave reviews from people who loved the brand in the past had me hoping these would be a real pick-me-up when I needed it most. If I had been wowed by them I probably could have justified the expense, but not under these circumstances. I don't think I will buy Slatkin again.

Thanks for the compliment about my fur babies, I would be lost without them.

Honored Contributor

There's nothing wrong with using what you can salvage to put in the warmer.  QVC doesn't want to pay shipping to return a broken candle.  I received a broken candle from BBW one time and I could safely remove the scented wax from the glass for my warmer.  BBW told me to dispose of it in a safe manner and I did.