Honored Contributor

After a few years of not adding to my holiday decor...

and donating many, many items, I decided to add some new this year. I have been on a tear here at the Q.

H206592-Luminara set  of 2 candles

H209400-Valerie's set of 2 decorative mirrored trays/ gold leaf

H209931-Valerie's velver rose, berry and pinecone wreath

H208877-Kringle Express set of 2 glittered and sequined indoor/outdoor ornaments in gold

H207209-Isaac Mizrahi LTS Hobnail MG trees in silver

H200715-Valerie's MG bird ornaments w/clip, 2 sets of pearl and 1 set of red.

I had already purchased one of the TSV by Bethleham Lights lit wreaths, and have a new tree topper I got from Amazon.

I will be in a city an hour or so away in about 2 weeks and am planning to visit Hobby Lobby while there.

Can you say....got carried away? Lol

I'll be donating some more of my older items when I do my decorating this year, that is for sure.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: After a few years of not adding to my holiday decor...

@Snicks1  Hey, you made some good choices with the new purchases.  I like all of them. 

Through the past few years I just couldn't stop with the clip on birds and I've never regretted that I bought so many.  There are so many places to use them that I never have any that aren't being used during the holiday.  I have all of the colors.

I think we all get carried away.  I do donate to our Gospel Rescue Mission when I no longer use some of the 'decor stash' that I have.  I have to make storage room for new stuff that is hidden in places during the yeat but will need to be stored in the storage room after the holidays.

You will be anxious to decorate this year with all that new stuff.  And when you go to Hobby Lobby it will be difficult to leave without buying 'a few things'. Smiley Happy  I think they have some of the prettiest  offerings this year that I've seen there.  Hopefully, it will all be 40% off when you go.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo, I sure hope HL is many % off, after the load I dropped here, lol. I am looking forward to decorating this year. I bought a new tree last year and that was my only new addition for at least 2-3 years prior to that. It will be fun, even if it will only be for hubby and me, lol.
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1  It's just DH and me here too but we love to decorate and enjoy the festive atmosphere when it's finished.  We usually invite friends in a few times prior to Christmas and the kids come in on Christmas Eve. 

I say that I'm not buying any more holiday decor but always do.  Please post back after your trip to the city and Hobby Lobby and tell us if you guys will be eating Beans for awhile.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@lucymo, will do, lol.
Honored Contributor

I have two sets of the luminara in cream and the Isaac trees in green/silver, they are nice.  I swap out a few things from time to time.  

Honored Contributor

An update on my purchases just for fun;

So far, in the last few days, I have recieved the luminara candles, the decorative mirrored trays, the velvet rose wreath and the Kringle Express set of 2 glittered and sequined ornaments.

Due to other things going on I just got everything opened up and checked out today. I did open everything outside in case of excess glitter, I also brushed the glittered items off outside, then brought everything in. I have to say that velvet rose wreath is full, lush and beautiful. I am going to use it as Valerie showed on the program, as my dining room table centerpiece with the mirrored tray underneath and one of the sequined ornaments sitting on the mirror. That looks very nice together, in person. I will lean the other mirrored tray up against the hutch and place either one or both the candles in front so I get the reflection from them.

The IM hobnail MG trees and the bird ornaments still have not shipped.

Still planning on a trip to HL next week. Lol, I hope everything is picked over so I won't load down the car.

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

An update on my purchases just for fun;

So far, in the last few days, I have recieved the luminara candles, the decorative mirrored trays, the velvet rose wreath and the Kringle Express set of 2 glittered and sequined ornaments.

Due to other things going on I just got everything opened up and checked out today. I did open everything outside in case of excess glitter, I also brushed the glittered items off outside, then brought everything in. I have to say that velvet rose wreath is full, lush and beautiful. I am going to use it as Valerie showed on the program, as my dining room table centerpiece with the mirrored tray underneath and one of the sequined ornaments sitting on the mirror. That looks very nice together, in person. I will lean the other mirrored tray up against the hutch and place either one or both the candles in front so I get the reflection from them.

The IM hobnail MG trees and the bird ornaments still have not shipped.

Still planning on a trip to HL next week. Lol, I hope everything is picked over so I won't load down the car.

@Snicks1  Sounds like you made some nice purchases.  I can't wait to hear about your trip to HL next week.  Get that 'Bean Pot' out and ready to go.  lol

Respected Contributor

I think it was an act of true charity for you to buy those things! Think of all the good your old decorations will do! If you hadn't bought new, you couldn't donate the old! Good for you!

Seriously though, I'm happy for you! It's so much fun to decorate when you have new items to place! Post pictures when you finish! (I need ideas!😉)

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

Sounds like you purchased some wonderful things---Enjoy!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”