Honored Contributor

SHOPR & Mousiegirl

[ Edited ]

Check out the bird clips in Blush.  It looks really rose to me.  What do you think?  H200715

@SHOPR and @mousiegirl

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

Check out the bird clips in Blush.  It looks really rose to me.  What do you think?  H200715

@SHOPR and @mousiegirl

@lucymo  They look pink to me, not flamingo pink, but definitely more than a blush.  I wonder if Jill will have them tomorrow, or if we will have to wait until next week when Valerie returns.  I find that the pictures of the birds are accurate.  I have all of th4e colors.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  I agree that they are pinker than most Blush that I've seen.  Thanks for posting back.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo

@mousiegirl

These look more pink than I had hoped.  I also don't like the contrasting glitter, but the chocolate has that, too, and you both own chocolate, so that may not be an issue for you.  

Perhaps they will look better when presented.  I'm thinking I'll pass, though, or wait for reviews on Blush and watch for as-is.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPR & Mousiegirl

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl, Who knows when they will get a presentation.  Valerie presented the birds not long ago, but I would still be watching for them tonight with Jill.  Her Holiday page has not been updated yet, but we'll probably know for sure once the page shows her latest items.  This is the debut of her weekly holiday show. 

http://www.qvc.com/HomeWithJillHoliday.content.html?sortBy=p.first_ats_date|1&pageSize=96&sort=Y&cm_...

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo

@mousiegirl

These look more pink than I had hoped.  I also don't like the contrasting glitter, but the chocolate has that, too, and you both own chocolate, so that may not be an issue for you.  

Perhaps they will look better when presented.  I'm thinking I'll pass, though, or wait for reviews on Blush and watch for as-is.  

@SHOPR

I was also disappointed  in the chocolate and the blush birds are way too pink for me.  I've always liked the gold and silver better than any of the colors.  The Pearl isn't what I had hoped for either but they sort of grew on me.  I still like the thought of the blue ones but icy blue is more of an aqua color, I think.  Maybe I'll just say I have enough birds and pass on the new colors.

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo ~ Hope you don't mind me chiming in.  You mentioned the icy blue birds ~ they are more aqua as you mentioned however this is how I used them.  I've mentioned the smaller Christmas tree I keep in our kitchen year-round.  (It's either 3 or 4 feet, don't know for sure).  I put the blue birds on it in the Spring and left them up until I decorated for Harvest.  They gave a nice pop of color if you do a Springtime display.  I like the blush color ones as well but will also wait for a presentation.  What I don't like is paying $11.00 to have 2 sets shipped to me.  I'm trying to be good ~ so many expenses coming up in preparation for the colder months ahead.....  :-)

Honored Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

@lucymo ~ Hope you don't mind me chiming in.  You mentioned the icy blue birds ~ they are more aqua as you mentioned however this is how I used them.  I've mentioned the smaller Christmas tree I keep in our kitchen year-round.  (It's either 3 or 4 feet, don't know for sure).  I put the blue birds on it in the Spring and left them up until I decorated for Harvest.  They gave a nice pop of color if you do a Springtime display.  I like the blush color ones as well but will also wait for a presentation.  What I don't like is paying $11.00 to have 2 sets shipped to me.  I'm trying to be good ~ so many expenses coming up in preparation for the colder months ahead.....  :-)

@Julie928  Of course I don't mind you joining the conversation, I welcome your input.  I thought that I remembered  people saying the icy blue is more of an aqua.  I do like to decorate for Spring and Easter and while I don't use blue in my decor, the blue birds would be so sweet. 

I hear you about getting ready for winter and the high energy bills coming up too.  We all have enough decor to do our neighborhoods, I'm sure.  I think when we all get together on here we come up with new ideas and just have to have this or that to complete the scene.  The old 'Monkey See, Monkey Do' comes into play  sometimes too.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Julie928 wrote:

@Julie928  Of course I don't mind you joining the conversation, I welcome your input.  I thought that I remembered  people saying the icy blue is more of an aqua.  I do like to decorate for Spring and Easter and while I don't use blue in my decor, the blue birds would be so sweet. 

I hear you about getting ready for winter and the high energy bills coming up too.  We all have enough decor to do our neighborhoods, I'm sure.  I think when we all get together on here we come up with new ideas and just have to have this or that to complete the scene.  The old 'Monkey See, Monkey Do' comes into play  sometimes too.  LOL

@lucymo @Julie928 @SHOPR  I don't know why I bought the blue, but once received, I thought I would use them in Spring, too much color as I like pastels for Spring/Easter.  I then though I could use them in my beach theme which will not be displayed for some time, either in the guest bathroom or the rec room.

They did look nice on the tree that is used for displaying all blue decor.  They are not an easy blue to use.  If they were darker and more of a blue, no sweat using them in a Summer display.  I think they were created for the coastal decor people. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't realize that the blue birds had been available for a while.  I usually notice such things, but I don't remember the blue ones for some reason. 

I was hoping for the rose gold (as in jewelry) look from the Blush birds.  Since I think the gold and silver birds really helped the looks of my tree last year, I was thinking, why not make it a tri-color gold tree, like in jewelry.  LOL.  Oh well.