Respected Contributor

Why is Carolyn Saying the TSV is less than 2lbs?

Thats not what the description says.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why is Carolyn Saying the TSV is less than 2lbs?

That weight issue is EXACTLY why I can't carry many/most Dooney purses.

I know all of that heavy leather appeals to Dooney lovers.  I love Dooney but since I've gotten old I can't carry a heavy purse.

I took one look at that beautiful (and it is) handle on that purse and figured it really added weight to the purse.

As much as I'd love to have it, I just ordered the mini purse.  I carry to my car my larger purse but use a small one when I shop.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Her description is going to result in a lot of returns for people that dont check for more detail on  .com.  iT is a beautiful bag but not for me either cause of the weight and thhe size.  She keeps saying it is a medium bag.  Not in my world.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

Her description is going to result in a lot of returns for people that dont check for more detail on  .com.  iT is a beautiful bag but not for me either cause of the weight and thhe size.  She keeps saying it is a medium bag.  Not in my world.  

Not in my world either.  I can't believe she keeps saying it's not a heavy bag.  It's almost 3 lbs empty!!  To say it's not large, it's just plain baloney.  Are they desperate for sales?  Who knows, but they're sure not fooling me.  

Honored Contributor

Love the bag, but I've never seen a leather bag that size weighing less than 2 lbs where the leather would stand on its own.  Thus I have to pass.

Ironically, I had just signed on to read the details because I know the hosts have a way too many details to remember for me to rely on just their words before I throw in my dollars.  I'm with Annabelle on this.  I no longer can bow to fashion when the bag is heavy -  probably will never buy another leather bag except some wallet-size pieces or something that just looks like a clump when I set it down..  Comfort is more important to me.

For anyone who can heft the leather, I think the TSV is a great deal.  That little carrying case?  I've been pricing them and unless I buy one with hearts all over or in some color I don't like, I can't find one WITH THE OUTSIDE POCKET PLUS THE INTERIOR ORGANIZATION for less than $58.  Lots of them around cheaper if you don't care about either of those details   I'd rather carry my worn, old one

Honored Contributor

I don't know if it was that bag but I do know it was very similar (with that very thick handle) I recently sent two different Dooney bags back.

They are nice bags, I like them and own a large one that I carry on trips (not a purse).  I've had people stop me in airports and comment on it.

I actually had a lady tell me how much she loved the bag and said it looked expensive and then said, "How much money was it".  I said, "I don't remember".  Ha!

Super Contributor

If Shawn, Amy, Courtney, etc. made that mistake there would very likely be some unkind posts about them. Just sayin'.

Trusted Contributor

This is one of the main reasons that I NEVER buy anything based on the TV presentation alone.  I always check the online description and reviews too.  I can't tell you how many times there have been differences between what was said on the TV versus the description, assembly,  and the reviews.  Even items that were so called customer picks sometimes had a lot of negative reviews.  I know some reviews don't make any sense so I try to sort those out, but, a big red flag for me is when there are a number of reviews that are great and a similar number that give it one star.  For me, on some products that signals a lot of inconsitency in the manufacturing process and I won't purchase.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My question is if Carolyn is stating it incorrectly, why isn't the Vendor Rep Sue (?) or the producer correcting her?  With all the experts in and around on the set, I think I would trust the broadcast info before the typed description on the site that I've seen many inaccuracies listed.

ETA - when I watched the presentation at the end of the show, Carolyn said it a a bit over 2 pounds, not less than 2 pounds.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein