Esteemed Contributor

Spring has Sprung: MZ Wallace

It is in the 70's this week (No. California) and we feel like

after all that rain, spring is making itself felt.  All the trees are budding.  And the roses are coming back. 

Image result for classic winnie the pooh spring

And, Nordstrom has popped up with the Paige in Estate Blue.  

Giving this one serious thought !!  Have my tax appointment today, that may affect ye olde budget. 

Main Image - MZ Wallace 'Paige' Bedford Nylon Crossbody Bag

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Spring has Sprung: MZ Wallace

[ Edited ]

Oh my word....

Dahlia in Jane

Dahlia Bedford Jane (1721380) in color Dahlia

New Ava

Caramel/Smoked Pearl Bedford Ava (10011368) in color Caramel/Smoked Pearl

Flax Hayley

Flax/Brown Bedford Hayley (3491379) in color Flax/Brown

Basket weave

Basket Weave Bedford Abbey Crossbody (6031374) in color Basket Weave

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2: I like the new color-blocked Ava, and the basket weave.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily   YooooHoooo, what do you think of the Spring line up ??

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily   YooooHoooo, what do you think of the Spring line up ??

@hicindy2 I haven't had a chance to study them in depth but did take a quick look when the email came out!! Heart I will write back this weekend for sure!! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 @WhiteFlowers  @NycVixen @foo foo shi shi @Serendipity @Skyblue @handygal  @magicmoodz

Hi! So we know what @hicindy2 and @handygal2 are checking out with the spring MZW offerings, but what about everyone else? Woman Very Happy

Has anyone seen Flax, Dahlia or Caramel colors in person?

I am wondering if Dahlia is too similar to the Poppy I have? Dahlia looks to be more of a burnt orange red while Poppy is stronger on the red (but it does have an orange tint). @hicindy2 You have the Jordan Hobo, right? And you like it? Do tell! I like the Jordan Hobo and Small Inez cosmetic in Dahlia.

Another color question I have is about Caramel vs. Tiger Eye. They look similar to me! Maybe Caramel has more yellow in it and Tiger Eye has more brown?

At first glance I thought the Flax was too light. Then I zoomed in and thought about it with the gold hardware and red edge dye and I do like it. I'm thinking about the Roxy but I don't know if Roxy will look good in such a light color because Roxy is a larger bag. The Haley in Flax with the brown trim is better, but since I have two Haleys I think I need to branch out.

I love the Ella satchel! Heart But I do worry that over time the smoked pearl center will begin to get too soft. If it would stay structured, I would be on it in a minute.

The Small Quilted Ava in Caramel/Smoked Pearl is beautiful. I don't think the silhouette is for me though because I need a bag with a longer shoulder strap because I'm carrying a tote bag and other things.

The Small Abbey Tote in Basket Weave Bedford is a looker and I would pair it with the Mae wallet in Argento Leather. I love it that MZW made the inside pouch in Basket Weave! While this handbag is smaller than my usual size, I think with the outside pockets to house some smaller items it may work. I need to think about it because the two pieces together are pricey. And, the other thing I'm worried about is the very light colored shoulder strap showing dirt.

Speaking of dirt, what is up with the model's dirty white shoes?! I think the photographer should have noticed that and newer shoes should have been worn for the photo shoot. Woman Frustrated Woman Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the lines of the Jordan Hobo are too boxy to be in the Dahlia color.  Mine is the sedate Army green and it just works.  I think it is too much in a bright. 

Dahlia Bedford Jordan Hobo (4571380) in color Dahlia

I think the Abbey Crossbody works well in that shade as a color pop. Just enough...

I think the small quilted Ava is the big winner for daytime. Works with summery linen clothing and will take you right into fall. 

I think the Abbey basketweave could go to dressier events and into evening. LOVE this one.  If I had to pick just one, that would be it. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Starting to like the caramel Bailey:  hmmmmmm  Would be a versatile neutral and less worry about getting soiled

The micro version of the best-selling Hayley bag, Bailey is a versatile - and adorable - crossbody with four exterior zip pockets and a detachable leather handle. Featured in Caramel Bedford Nylon with custom MZ Wallace gold hardware and brown Italian leather trim.

Love the contrast lining:  that is such a "plus" for me

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 It's those tempting emails...Woman Wink Seriously, the Bailey looks like a great bag. I know you can do smaller bags...and the caramel color is very pretty. It's too similar to the two I have in tiger eye, so I'm passing. But I think @WhiteFlowers has a Bailey...maybe when she checks in she can give you her take on her Bailey. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I have a bag that is around 4 or 5 years old. A pretty botanical print with black leather trim and a long crossbody strap. I having been eyeing it up in my closet thinking it may be time for it to see the light of day.There are signs all over Florida that it is spring.