Respected Contributor

Was searching for a certain tote on eBay and, 9 times out of 10, the prices were higher than on the shopping channel - and some of them were used! 

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopping Network vs eBay

Ebay is just like any other store, you need to be aware of your prices before going in!!!

Honored Contributor

Many times I've found eBay more expensive.  I rarely even go there anymore.

Honored Contributor

Some Ebay sellers price their items unrealistically. I imagine sometimes they can get away with it, if the items they're selling are no longer available in the retail market.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

I buy on eBay a lot. I've gotten Linea, Susan Graver, and many other brands for much cheaper. Ditto luggage from HSN. Before I buy here, I go to eBay to see if it's selling. It is worth the research and time. 

Respected Contributor

Try Amazon - they're usually cheaper - I always check there before buying anywhere else.

Super Contributor

I've been selling on EBAY for a long time and believe me, I can't sell anything at retail and have to discount at least 50% to get any interest.  I sell mostly high end jewelry and handbags and people want something for nothing.  It can be very frustrating at times.  I don't know what you're comparing but in my case a $5000 Chanel bag selling for $2500 is a deal you can get anywhere else but EBAY.  I will buy a bag and use it a couple of times, get bored and list it on EBAY, same with jewelry.  Most of my items could sell for new. 

Respected Contributor

I have always bought my Dooneys at retail, but this spring and summer I have had really good luck buying new, never-worn Dooneys, some still in original wrappings, on eBay. I think I have bought at least four. You have to look all the time and grab them. I got a new newbury leather Dixon bag for $99 and the two-tone Sophie hobo I wanted for $95. Also two florentine medium pocket satchels, each for around $95-NEW. Also a super new with tags two-tone shopper for $80. I look for just listed bags with low buy it now prices, but they get snapped up immediately. I already had four Brennas, but I just found another one I wanted, in a color which has been sold out practically since it was introduced, on eBay-- still in all its original wrapping-- for around $175. Not looking now because I really did not even need these, but I couldn't pass them up at those prices. 

Respected Contributor

I always go to eBay first and have been quite successful purchasing at much lower prices.  Was very surprised that this particular handbag was consistently priced higher.  A first for me. 

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I've bought handbags on ebay, but returns aren't always allowed and you never know what condition the bag will be in. I try and only buy from someone listing the actual bag they are selling and not official manufactuers photos. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval