Honored Contributor

Queen Elizabeth favorite & only handbag she carried

Launer handbags made in England, of course.

The only handbags she ever carried.

Range from 3,000 pounds to 5,000 pounds.

I think in U.S.  money we would pay 1 1/2 times more.

Not for me, but, found the website interesting. Too small. LOL

traviata-ebony-black-calf-1_1280x1280.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Queen Elizabeth favorite & only handbag she carried

Yes, she carried the same old handbag and wore the same old shoe style for years.

And she even had her secretary wear her shoes to break them in for her...I always thought that was gross.

Esteemed Contributor

CLASSIC, timeless elegance! While it is not my personal style, I can see why Queen Elizabeth favored it!🥰 LOVE it!💝

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Yeah, that was odd. She had different Launer hand bags, but, mostly the basic principle.

I read where she had the hand bag handles designed a little longer, so, they wouldn't get in her way with all the hand shaking she had to do. The bag stayed in place on her arm.

If a special occasion was coming up she would request a certain type of purse be made just for her.

She granted a special warrant for Launer's that put them over. Her seal of approval. Online there is a picture of her at a sporting event with Prince Phillip and she is applying lipstick. The bag came with a hand mirror and something else can't remember what it was.

Most money she ever carried was 5-10 pounds.

Interesting history for us handbag devotees.

I notice Kate carries a tiny purse, also. I got to send those women some totes. ROFLMAO

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.  Do you have the book Dressing the Queen?  I have it and it shows a variety of styles but all appear to be that brand.

1000002855.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yep, sure do. Written by her favorite lady in waiting.

Angela something or the other. She was a favorite of the Queen's. Had the upper hand over the other workers.

Believe Charle pensioned her off when his mother died.

Respected Contributor

I've read this also. She certainly knew what brands she liked and she was very loyal.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624. Love that book.  Keeping Her Majesty well coordinated was quite a task.  Keeping track of every outfit worn when and why to prevent Her Majesty from duplicating with the same people was a big responsibility. 

Unfortunately,  Charles chose to move the devoted lady in waiting as far from the Palace as possible.   

I've also read that the ways the Queen positioned her bag were actually subtle signals to her staff.  

Honored Contributor

Queen Elizabeth was such a kind lady.  Love the bag.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Yep, sure do. Written by her favorite lady in waiting.

Angela something or the other. She was a favorite of the Queen's. Had the upper hand over the other workers.

Believe Charle pensioned her off when his mother died.

A quote from the DM (did not want to put in link) about Angela Kelly and King Charles.

"Now the MoS has learnt that she has been granted accommodation by the King for the rest of her life. A source close to the Palace said that Ms Kelly had been gifted a new home, believed to be near Guiseley in Yorkshire. It is thought that the King has bought the property, which will revert to the Crown on her death."

In all fairness what was reported about this last week on Palace Confidential by Rebecca English and Richard Eden that this was the King's way to ensure a book was never written by Ms. Kelly.  All agreed on the program the book(s) would have been great.  She did love the Queen but would be interesting to say the least.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."