Respected Contributor

LUG bags "in the wild"...question...

That "in the wild" being the term Lug vendors use to mean when you see others, out and about with their Lug bags.

Just curious....

I recently traveled to Fla, I had my usual Lug Hatchback backpack, and Coupe for my purse, along with my regular luggage. I looked around at each airport...tons of people, all kinds of bags, totes, backpacks, wheelies...I didn't see one Lug bag.

I know they sell tons. I watch the Luglives on their app occasionally. I've purchased what I need for everyday and travel.

I like the solids more than splashy prints, only have prints on small, accessory items. Anyway, I think as a company Lug's doing well, expanding, hiring, lots of regulars on the Luglives and lots of purchases there.

I have yet, in my daily rounds or while traveling, seen any Lug bags out there!  I've seen some more stylish type bags out there that made me rethink the "Lug look." Though they work for me and they're still fun styles, lightweight, very functional.

Anybody else who actually uses and likes Lug ever see them on anyone else? Only once in a small lunch place near me I went up to pay, and the owner looked at my Dazzle Crossbody...she said "oh that must be a new one?!" and she apparently knew of Lugs.

Honored Contributor

Re: LUG bags "in the wild"...question...

I don't really look to see what bags people are carrying.  However there is a consignment shop near me that has a few lug bags....as a matter of fact she has a lot of QVC items.

I bring things in every season when I clean out my closet so while I'm waiting for her to go through my things I see what she has for sale.  I noticed the exact same Lug bag that I have and plan on using this summer.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@haddon9 I don't usually look at peoples' bags either, but this time I purposely did just wondering where all the Lug bags it seems people buy, in droves, on those luglives, actually are!

Respected Contributor

I have a couple of lugs myself, not carrying them at the moment, but did for about two years. I've only ever noticed one other person carrying a lug that I "knew" was a lug bag.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I work in a Vera Bradley outlet in Delaware.  I have rung up alot of women who are carrying Lug bags.  I always compliment their bags which leads to a conversation.

I worked at Saks 5th Avenue in the jewelry & handbag departments for many years.  I look at everyone's jewelry and their handbags (I'm not a snob!).  We also have alot of customers who still wear the old D&B "duck" bags.  They look as beautiful as they did 30 years ago.

Respected Contributor

in the six years I've lived in Florida I've spotted exactly one Lug bag. I tend to notice womens bags. So yeah, where are all the supposed lugnuts hiding?

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother That's a good question! That's what I've been wondering and why I asked the question here today.

I do see Vera Bradley's in my travels, not like in the mid 2000s and its heydays but I see them. And not just "little old ladies" as those printed bags sometimes get the reputation for being. I see younger women carrying the duffels in travel. The only VB I own is the large duffel which I still use on roadtrip travel, (not for shclepping around airports for me.)

I also see Baggalinis a lot. I like them as well. I only own one, but I happen to be carrying it this spring, and it's the perfect small/mid size and function for me. Crossbody. My favorite type bags...only type I've been carrying, for the most part, in the past 5 years.

Anyway...all to say...I DO notice other brands out there, and Dooney also, as @roeroe1005 mentioned too. Just have yet to see a Lug.

Honored Contributor

Might call me a 'collector' LOL I look at what other women.

I was in Sam's and this woman was carrying a Brahim

(probably spelled wrong) I approached her and said "Is that a B ?"  (I knew it was) she said "yes, my husband gave it to me as a xmas present". I said "isn't that pretty may I touch it "?  She said "sure". I like to feel the scaly texture then she noticed my fuchsia Nash rose tooled bag and said "so pretty".

I hope people notice my Terrida. My collection is mostly Nash, few Dooneys, few lugs, 1 Kohls (LOL)

Contributor

I haven't noticed anyone carrying Lug bags but have reeived compliments on mine, saying they liked the color of the bag.

Honored Contributor

@amyb   "Anybody else who actually uses and likes Lug ever see them on anyone else?"

Never!   I've gotten many compliments for the one I have.  Probably because it has a fox tail. 

Never seen a Vera Bradley except on Q.

I am surrounded by "beaches & boardwalks."  I have never ever seen anyone in beach pants.  And believe me, I have seen some sights there. Smiley Surprised

I never heard of them & didn't even know what they were until a month or so ago.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif