Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday Handbags! Got one? Yearn for one?

Tomorrow I will resurrect my Dooney Donegal double handle tote in red for the holidays.  That poor sucker comes out once a year.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Tomorrow I will resurrect my Dooney Donegal double handle tote in red for the holidays.  That poor sucker comes out once a year.

Is that the one made out of real fabric?

I have a red one...but can't remember when I bought it or what it's called.

That was a very nice line, I remember. I'm sorry they switched to just the coated canvas plaid versions.

Honored Contributor

@terrier3

It was a TSV when Dooney first came to the Q.  It's a satchel with handles that stand up, and it came with a  cosmetic bag, an eyeglass case and a key fob.  It was offered in a bunch of colors.  I did not buy it when it was a TSV, but later purchased four colors at a large discount.

The fabric was called Donegal Crest. which looked like little handbags (I thought they looked a lot like saddles), with the signature DB on them.

Found this on Google images.

I have the bag in black, brown (pictured), teal and red. happy

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@terrier3

It was a TSV when Dooney first came to the Q.  It's a satchel with handles that stand up, and it came with a  cosmetic bag, an eyeglass case and a key fob.  It was offered in a bunch of colors.  I did not buy it when it was a TSV, but later purchased four colors at a large discount.

The fabric was called Donegal Crest. which looked like little handbags (I thought they looked a lot like saddles), with the signature DB on them.

Found this on Google images.

I have the bag in black, brown (pictured), teal and red. happy

Thanks...that's not the one..I have a black overnighter in the Donegal...love the brown!!!

Occasional Contributor

Oh yes, I have the one shown--would love to have had other colors at deep discounts! Great bag.  Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Ah yes @faeriemoon, the beloved Donegal... Haven't used any in a while. Maybe I'll unearth my green one for a bit. Enjoy using your red one. It was so pretty.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I never thought about having a Christmas bag.

Those bags are so cuteHeart

@Sister Golden Hair I am shocked, yes shocked beyond imagination that you, of all people, have never encountered a Christmas bag when at the magic shop... Why every true baganista must have at least one Christmas bag. You and the professor better get busy. The Most Revered One will overlook it just this once.

Smiley Wink

stevie, please tell the Most Revered One thank-you from the deepest part of my heartHeart

@stevieb @Sister Golden Hair Wait, I don't have one either! Smiley Surprised 

Serendipity, you better go right now to Macys for the big sales.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh  I won't tell.

Anyway, you do need a new wallet.

Did you honestly think I wouldn't see this...?

@Serendipity do as your conscience dictates... Keeping in mind that if you capitulate... the points do apply toward your next, uh, shall we say... frequent flyer visit... Moreover, if any capitulation involves anything remotely nylon, it's double the point... Any very limited waiver you might (and might not...) receive applies only to bona fide holiday bags of your choosing, with, of corurse, that one brand limitation... Sister @Sister Golden Hair, just for being an enabler, your stint in the house will need to be extended. Look, you avoided the island for now, but this brief period of generosity isn't going to last forever...

Woman WinkWhat did I do??

That must of been another sister that took my name for one post!!

How dare her, you just don't know who you can trust.

You're fibbing sister @Sister Golden Hair and the HM is telling Santa...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Ok granted its not red patent or tartan plaid, but it has a red lining and red exterior trim so this is my Holiday Bag!  And i love it in every way, well except i wish the strap had the belt adjustment instead of the button.  But i think it fits so wont need to adjust anyway.  It is coated cotton with a great texture.  Merry Christmas to me!image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I never thought about having a Christmas bag.

Those bags are so cuteHeart

@Sister Golden Hair I am shocked, yes shocked beyond imagination that you, of all people, have never encountered a Christmas bag when at the magic shop... Why every true baganista must have at least one Christmas bag. You and the professor better get busy. The Most Revered One will overlook it just this once.

Smiley Wink

stevie, please tell the Most Revered One thank-you from the deepest part of my heartHeart

@stevieb @Sister Golden Hair Wait, I don't have one either! Smiley Surprised 

Serendipity, you better go right now to Macys for the big sales.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh  I won't tell.

Anyway, you do need a new wallet.

Did you honestly think I wouldn't see this...?

@Serendipity do as your conscience dictates... Keeping in mind that if you capitulate... the points do apply toward your next, uh, shall we say... frequent flyer visit... Moreover, if any capitulation involves anything remotely nylon, it's double the points... Any very limited waiver you might (and might not...) receive applies only to bona fide holiday bag of your choosing, with, of corurse, that one brand limitation... Sister @Sister Golden Hair, just for being an enabler, your stint in the house will need to be extended. Look, you avoided the island for now, but this brief period of generosity isn't going to last forever...

@stevieb @1Professor @Sister Golden Hair Well, I looked at all the holiday bags, from tartan to glitter, and almost went with a Dooney tartan pouch to add to my red Buckley. But in the end, decided not to. I will break out the red Buckley next week, I think. It's still wrapped.

Honored Contributor

Just pulled out my bright red, fold over tote by Furla. Only use it for the month of December- it is my Christmas/Holiday bag : )