Valued Contributor

Dooney Toscana LOVE THESE STRAPS and these bags!

Ok, I've beeen watching these Dooney shows on and off for a while. Some of the handbags I really like, but just couldn't justify buying them. Plus, the ones I really like weigh 3lbs without anything in them! Yikes!

I have gotten REALLY spoiled with crossbody bags and cannot imagine going back to one that has no crossbody option. I also got really spoiled having a bag that has easy sliding adjustability of the strap.( I had a Coach that I really liked but it was ridiculously heavy, the crossbody strap thin and cutting and it had no adjustability- not doing that again. Ever)
Then I saw the Toscana line from Dooney and kept watching. I finally broke down and ordered two (trying to decide which one to keep, as they are both the same color). I figured I wouldn't like them because they are still 2lbs unloaded.

Holy cow! These straps are SOOOO amazingly comfortable, so easy to adjust and the insides of them are so soft and divine! (I know, I'm gushing, it's ridiculous) With the straps being so wide and comfortable, I can't even tell there is any weight to the bag at all. I think I'm going to end up sending 1 back and reordering it in a different color. I'm not easily impressed, but these bags are REALLY NICE!
My only request to Dooney: Please put more pockets on the outside of the bags. I love zippered pockets on the outside.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dooney Toscana LOVE THESE STRAPS and these bags!

@Quse congrats on your new bags Smiley Happy  I've seen the Toscana leather and it is really nice. I have several DB bags but not this leather..... yet Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I agree about pockets on the outside of bags. Personally, I want at least one slip pocket that will hold my phone and/or some zip/flap pockets. I don't want to dig around inside my purse for my phone and I want something I can slide it in and out of with one hand and without looking.

Contributor

Oh I totally agree, the cloth straps are so comfortable, I don't want to even look at a bag with a leather strap.

I purchased the Raleigh Roxy bag last year and LOVE it so much. The strap is super comfy on your shoulder and the leather lining just spoiled me, it's just smooth reaching into the bag.

Cant wait for summer to get out my red Raleigh Roxy again. Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

@gramygram I don't think you'd be disappointed if you get one!

Valued Contributor

@ChynnaBlue I agree, I cannot be bothered to fumble around inside of a bag to get my phone out. The zip pockets in the front of these 2 handbags are large enough for my rather large phone, even with a big case on it. I would really like a zip or slip pocket in the back of the bag, the full length and depth. One of the bags is the Toscana Large Hobo and I really love the simplicity and functionality of the bag, but the inside has 2 large slip pockets, imho, that are useless. Nothing really seems to stay in them. I'd get rid of them and add another zip/slip in the back of the bag, on the outside

Valued Contributor

@Cabrio I was looking at those too, there are a few "as is" online that I was eyeing. It looks like a great bag! I also really like the North/South style

Honored Contributor

I think they are beautiful but to look at but they all lack the extensive organization that I've become used to. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@Quse

I own several of those, too, and adore them. The quality is incredible for the price. I have the small satchel, the large satchel, a slim crossbody, and the side zip satchel. Love the straps, but I don't use the strap on the suede zip satchel. The craftsmanship, the leather quality, the style, and the leather lining are irresistible!

Valued Contributor

@jaxs mom: It's funny because I'd watch the Dooney shows if I caught them and thought the same thing: "I don't get it. There are a few pockets but everything has to be fished out of the interior of the bag".
Personally, I love a 3 compartment bag with tons of zippered pockets on the outside. Now my lifestyle has changed and I don't really carry that much in a bag anymore, but I still love pockets and compartments. 
I went from really fashionable (and HEAVY leather) bags to Travelon (tons of zippers and compartments), which I love, but isn't really all that fashionable, so I wanted something more stylish.
Some of the Dooney bags do have organization, but, imho, they are too "fat". I don't want a bag that sticks out 10 inches.
If I could design the perfect bag for me, right now: Take the Dooney Toscana Large Hobo, add a center zip compartment inside the bag, get rid of the 2 large and useless slip pockets, add a deep split slip pocket on the inside (for glasses and tissues), make the current interior zip pocket on the inside wider and deeper (full length of the bag) , add a slip pocket (narrow but the full length and width of the bag) behind the current front zip pocket) and add a full zipper or slip pocket on the back of the bag the entire length and depth of the bag....keep the zip top, but fold over like some of the other bags for a little more style, with the current wide straps....oh, and keep the bag the same narrow design, 2-2.5 lbs and not $1200.00. Is that too much to ask? Smiley Tongue
Anyone from Dooney?