Honored Contributor

It is always wonderful to discover new offerings from nature and these irises are just lovely!!!!!!  I love flowers of all kinds especially peonies and gardenias.  Thanks for sharing the photo of the irises, such a pretty color and shape!!!!

Respected Contributor

@spiderw 

I'm so happy you like them.😃❤️. 
Gardenias and peonies are so lovely.  It seems as though flowers aren't half as pretty unless they smell good too lol.

Honored Contributor

I think you should do a book on the wild flowers you are finding.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I think you should do a book on the wild flowers you are finding.

Thank you.😃❤️

That makes me very encouraged by your saying that.  I'm keeping really good notes after taking my pictures.  I'm planning to get updated shots of how much they're growing too.  

Respected Contributor

@cheriere  Beautiful wild irises, Cheriere! I'm going to paint my nails that color this week in honor of your nature discoveries Smiley Very Happy.  

Respected Contributor

Re: WILD IRISES

[ Edited ]

@cheriere The variety of plants you are encountering is impressive. I truly enjoy seeing them. I think the suggestion of a book is a good one. Make it coffee table size and pocket size. One would be a decor item as well as informative. The other could be a pocket guide for others to know what they are seeing.

Valued Contributor

We had these growing along side the dirt road when we lived in Maine. We had springs trickle in valleys and these sprouted up. Very pretty seeing color where you don't expect. We had wild strawberries too. Very tiny but lots of flavor.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Dwarf Crested Iris (Iris Cristata). 

I'm not a fan of the typical irises.  I dug up a whole bed of them that the previous owners had planted because they stopped blooming.  Apparently, the surrounding trees had grown and shaded them too much.  I gave a lot of them away, and the recipients have told me they bloom nicely for them, so it must've been the lack of sun.  My neighbor has a small patch of them that are really pretty though.

A friend from church gave me one of thee last year.  This is it's first year in my yard.

Crested Iris.jpg

@Icegoddess  If they are too thickly rooted together, they will quit blooming.  They do require sunshine but the fact that there were so many so bound up could have been the reason they had ceased to bloom or the combination thereof.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Dwarf Crested Iris (Iris Cristata). 

I'm not a fan of the typical irises.  I dug up a whole bed of them that the previous owners had planted because they stopped blooming.  Apparently, the surrounding trees had grown and shaded them too much.  I gave a lot of them away, and the recipients have told me they bloom nicely for them, so it must've been the lack of sun.  My neighbor has a small patch of them that are really pretty though.

A friend from church gave me one of thee last year.  This is it's first year in my yard.

Crested Iris.jpg

@Icegoddess  If they are too thickly rooted together, they will quit blooming.  They do require sunshine but the fact that there were so many so bound up could have been the reason they had ceased to bloom or the combination thereof.

@Nonametoday I did divide them once, and they still didn't bloom.  Big pain in the rear.  I have plenty of work to do in the yard without dividing a large iris bed every few years.  

Respected Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@cheriere  Beautiful wild irises, Cheriere! I'm going to paint my nails that color this week in honor of your nature discoveries Smiley Very Happy.  

Aww, that's so sweet, thanks.😊💝

You're nails will look beautiful!