Honored Contributor

Two nurseries, two hauls. I also have an Agastache and a Chrysalis Cranberry Butterfly Bush I got online, and I am waiting on 3 other plants from an online order.  Going to a hosta sale this weekend.

First nursery.  Well, the ProMix and the Thornless Key Lime came from Walmart on the way to the nursery.  The red fountain grass I planted last week, and 3 Sunpatiens got planted yesterday.  The rest, except the lime, I plan to put in the ground Monday.  There's an Eastern Blue Star, a Clematis, a Lantana to replace one I lost, and three Mealycup Sage.

2024 Reseda & Walmart Haul.jpg

Second Nursery.  First time going to it only because it's a bit of a drive, and a little difficult to find the entrance to.  I had to turn around twice.  Three Browellea, already planted, two more Lantanas, a small hosta, and two astilbes.  

2024 Earth Touch Haul.jpg

Valued Contributor

Go @Icegoddess! Grow garden GROW!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess  Sounds like fun! I really like the Pro Mix potting mix. I've been using it for a few years and have had nothing but successes with it.

Super Contributor

@Icegoddess 

You did good!!! Great choices, I'm spending all day Friday for my plant shopping. 

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Awesome choices!  Your garden is gonna be just Gorgeous!❤️

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess  It looks like you're going to have a lovely garden!

When I lived in the desert west, my next door neighbor had Lantana in the front of her house. It easily grew large & had beautiful orange flowers.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily Mine won't get that large.  I don't get enough sun.  My neighbor acrross the street always grows them, and hers are more impressive.  The ones I have are either yellow & white or yellow & lavender.  I got the last red one the nursery had to grow in a pot.  I put an inverted ceramic pot over them in fall, and most come back in spring.  I even have a begonia that comes back every year.  I really thought I would lose it this year with the freeze we had in January, but it's coming back.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Nursery Hauls

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess Excellent choices!  I made a nursery trip as well and have some planting to do but I need to wait a week or so to get past the frost date here in Nova Scotia.

Yesterday I fertilized my azaleas and rhodos.  We are going to have some lovely flowering this year.  They are loaded with buds.

We moved a 15 year old weeping mulberry.  Not a good root system but I am keeping the water to it.  So far so good!  🤞🤞🤞

Happy planting!

Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Icegoddess  Sounds like fun! I really like the Pro Mix potting mix. I've been using it for a few years and have had nothing but successes with it.

Have never seen the Pro Mix potting soil. Do you like it better than Miracle Gro?

Honored Contributor

@CJC wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

Have never seen the Pro Mix potting soil. Do you like it better than Miracle Gro?

@CJC  Hopefully, PA Mom-mom will respond.  I can't tag her for some reason.  I've never used it, but for years Pro Mix has been the choice in the gardening groups I'm in, second only to making your own,  but it's never been available here, and I refuse to order it online.  I don't think it has any fertilizer in it like Miracle Gro does, so you'd need to add your own.  Now, it seems the Fox Farms soils are becoming popular at the nurseries, although I haven't seen them mentioned in my gardening groups.  There are so many to choose from, I'm too overwhelmed trying to figure out which one I need.  

This is the Garden mix which isn't specifically what I wanted, but it says on the bag that it's good for seed starting and containers.  I really wanted the moisture contol potting soil version but I would've had to drive 8 miles in the other direction to get it.  

I really wasn't liking Miracle Gro, and really wasn't having good results with it.  I like the feel of a more peaty mix.  I had changed over to Burpee potting mix that I could get at Tractor Supply, but it hasn't been there this year.  They seem to be changing over to Miracle Gro although it's listed on their online site.  

Before I got the Pro-Mix, I had picked up a small bag of another mix at Home Depot that seems pretty nice, Kellog Potting Mix.  Comes in too small a bag for me though.  I need bucket sized bags.