Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lillies- Todays Special

[ Edited ]

@tototwo, I hope by mid-summer you'll be saying how smart that Trix is.Woman Wink

I chose Endless Love(pinks) too. I still may pick up the yellow set before midnight. Whatever I don't use in my garden will be planted in a nearby community flower garden. 

While awaiting delivery of your bulbs I highly recommend buying a product called Spray 'N Grow.  I soak my new bulbs for a few hours in Spray 'N Grow. All it takes is a few teaspoons ina busket of water to jump start feeding new bulbs.  Once new growth appears above ground, spray the bulbs with the solution weekly.  I became a Spray 'N Grow customer when the product appeared on QVC. I now buy it direct from the manufacturer, but I believe HSN also sells it.  Roberta's liquid fertilizer is a similar product for a QVC sold option.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Trix ~ very interesting.  I have Spray & Grow and use it on some blooming plants.  I've never heard of using it on bulbs, or of soaking bulbs before planting.   Thanks!  I'll try it.   And, yes, I definitely hope I'm thanking you for recommending the lily bulbs before the end of the summer!

Did you order the yellow set?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

tototwo wrote:

@Trixx ~ very interesting.  I have Spray & Grow and use it on some blooming plants.  I've never heard of using it on bulbs, or of soaking bulbs before planting.   Thanks!  I'll try it.   And, yes, I definitely hope I'm thanking you for recommending the lily bulbs before the end of the summer!

Did you order the yellow set?

@tototwo, I went with the red/pink set.  

I learned about the soaking of bulbs a few years ago from Cort of Roberta's during one of their bulb presentations.  It was a great tip which has served me well when planting new, or tranplanting existing, bulbs. I also presoak new bare root plants before planting, and give new potted plants and annual flats a generous spritz of Spray 'N Grow before placing in their future home in my garden.  

Honored Contributor

Some people dip their bulbs in red pepper spray liquid also before planting them to deter the squirrels from digging them up.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼