Esteemed Contributor

Re: I am looking for a two piece planter

[ Edited ]

Use a circular "wall" and put pots inside.  Would have the same effect as a solid circular planter.

Honored Contributor

@Zhills       I do not want to have to build the wall with stone.  The area is very wet and the stone would not keep its shape for long, we have trouble keeping our fence in the ground and post were put in with concrete.

I prefer an open bottom pot or something similar or 2 half moons and put together to form the pot. 

Respected Contributor

Maybe get 2 Christmas tree collars and stack them to get height (one upside down on the other). This one isn't currently available but shows you how it works. Just check other stores which will have various price points.

https://www.qvc.com/glitzhome-26d-galvanized-metal-rustic-christma-s-tree-collar.product.H255215.htm...

Super Contributor

Try searching "planter around mailbox." Many options.
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

This may be what you're looking for.  It's sold on Amazon and is the
Airogym 2 piece semi-circle planter for patio umbrellas and yard planters.  We recently ordered this for around our front yard light pole as the description indicated it can also be used for garden lamp poles.  We are anxiously awaiting its arrival.  

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie   Yes, that is what I am looking for.  I guess I THOUGHT it needed to be taller but maybe not...all I have seen seem to be on the shorter side...similar to what you posted.

thank you

Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie    When you receive your planter, would you mind alerting me to how your like it...It just seems short to go at the bottom of a tall pole (taller than a mail box post.). Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs @AnikaBrodie ....Be sure to measure the diameter of your poles...The Airogym 2 piece semi-circle planter that was posted indicates that it fits only a 3" pole.

Our lamppost is square at bottom area with a 4" diameter, which is standard, so it would need a planter with a center hole that would leave enough space so that the planter center hole doesn't fit too tight and scrape up against the lamppost pole.

The SnapPot planters that I posted about with a youtube video have a hole diameter up to 6" which leaves the necessary room around the pole...An Agent is also available online to answer any questions you may have.

Just wanted to be sure to mention this important fact for you when looking for a planter for your various posts....It depends on what type of posts you have and their shape and diameter size.

eta:  @Mom2Dogs ...Once you plant your flowers, etc., a 12" H two piece  planter will be just fine, as keep in mind also that they have a very good width to them which will encircle your entire lamppost...I have a few barrel planters, same height, that I use around our yard area...So, quite early this morning, I ran out in my bathrobe...(just for you)...lol...and placed one in front of our lamppost just to get an idea of how the height would work out and it's perfect...I wouldn't want anything too much higher as your flowers, etc. will add height also and a lovely overall look to your lamppost which I find are adorable, especially lit up at night. 

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove  Thank you so much and also for taking one for the team and running outside in your bath robe, ha, ha.

I will trust your judgment and not stress over the height, again thanks

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Zhills       I do not want to have to build the wall with stone.  The area is very wet and the stone would not keep its shape for long, we have trouble keeping our fence in the ground and post were put in with concrete.

I prefer an open bottom pot or something similar or 2 half moons and put together to form the pot. 

Waving Hi from a wet hillside property 👋🏻

If well secured fence posts are shifting, then the pole is also not secure enough to support a flower pot surround.  The weight of the pot soil might take it off kilter too.  Drainage problems don't usually vanish.