Honored Contributor

I am looking for a two piece planter

I have googled until I am out of ideas...I am looking for a two piece, possibly half moon planter box or pot to go around our lamp post.  The post cannot not come out of the ground.

Currently I have a pot in front of the lamppost but I do not like it and I do not want to plant directly in the ground, for several reasons.

If anyone has something like this can you tell me where you purchased it, I would appreciate the tip....

I found many two piece pots but they were for planting around an umbrella post that would sit on the table.  I need one that is much larger for sitting on the ground.

thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: I am looking for a two piece planter

Rubbermaid used to make some pieces like that.  Don't know if they still do.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know of any ready-made planters to place around objects but have admired planters that people built using landscaping wall blocks from the big box store. Here's an example from Home Depot's website.  It's made of Pavestone and the whole kit is $336; it's 39" x 10.5". - Though of course you could build your own for much less.  This is just to give you an idea.

circle01.png

circle02.png

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr    That is pretty but our yard is very wet. I am trying to avoid putting anything on the ground that over time will not stay in place.  The two pieced planter I thought would work, just can't find anything large enough.

@Kachina624   I did a quick search and Rummbermaid turned up nothing.

thanks

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  Google "wrap around planters" see if that is what you want.

Honored Contributor

I found something that might work at Gardners Supply.  It's only 12' tall and runs $100.00. I was hoping for something taller.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs,  how large is the post that you want to surround--diameter or circumference?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs   Yes, I was going to suggest Gardeners.com.  Their things are nice.  Most of these need to be asssembled, so I assume you could build them around an object.  There are also varying heights, certainly more than 12".   Here's a couple that might work for you:

planter1.png

planters2.png

Honored Contributor

@Janey2   I have googled everything I can think of, just no results for what I need.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr   Hmmm, that might work. I think it could get pricey to get the height I want but will measure the pot I am currently using to referece.

thanks