Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I also love all the tailored clothing on Scandal. On Kerry Washington and Bellamy Young. Last night Bellamy/Mellie who is now President was wearingNMTQM0R_mu.jpg a beautiful green suit. I missed most of the episode. But I've always loved the clothes on that show.

They wear things like this St John suit that's only $1000.

@Greeneyedlady21,The first year of that program, there was a web site devoted to Kerry's clothing.  I forgot which designer had done her clothes.  The Limited made some inexpensive knock offs (like wool coats with no lining---"Hello gaping elbow."), and couldn't get them sold because of the extremely poor quality.  Also, good fabrics tailor better than inexpensive.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl,I was the top stylist at Dillards after teaching.  That's where I found I had a sciatic nerve and it was very unhappy!  Now I'm in a much smaller store!  YEAH!!!!

Image result for images of cheerleaders jumping saying YEAH

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@lulu2 Yay! We just can't show up in the same place wearing it😊 I'm sure you will wear it much better anyway. Please post how you like it when you receive it.

It's a really tough time in my life so some fashion talk provides much needed diversion. I really don't even care about fashion now but it helps a bit..you know? 

Thanks for being so nice.

@Greeneyedlady21

Yes, I do know.Heart

Honored Contributor

@ECBG The costume designer for Scandal is Lyn Paolo. A couple of years ago I got a blazer from that collection for a crazy good clearance price. It's pale mint green, pretty good quality. I don't wear it that much because it really needs to be altered in the bust.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@lulu2 Ebay has it for 329. New with tags. 20% off code for Columbus Day. Sizes 2, 4, 6, 8,and 12. I found it at TJ via a new arrivals email. I had to get a 14, I'm a 12 but they were out. I'm pear shaped, so maybe it's just my shape...but for me it ran small on the bottom and 14 works. Way too big up top so I have to get it altered. The fabric is stiff not soft, that's my only complaint. Ebay says it's polyester and nylon. The embroidery is gorgeous, some butterflies too.

I also saw it at Rue LaLa and Bluefly for 300 plus when I just checked. It was 575 originally at Saks and elsewhere. I've since unsubscribed from TJ emails, too much temptation.

I totally agree, green-eyed lady.  TJM is wickedly good to find high-end stuff at rock bottom prices IF you can time the score.  You did well.  I have something similar to yours   in a taupe sheath with a navy blue lace overlay with godet  pleats for movement and it is sleeveless, so I bought a navy bolero to cover my arms.  I have mine for a h/s class reunion next year.  So I must be good and fit in it and that motivates me.  

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21

Sorry you're going through a hard time. Fashion should be fun and frivolous; not the contentious drama some people around here seem to enjoy.

But don't worry there are plenty of us that will continue to make it a fun distraction for you 😘

Honored Contributor

That blue coat and bag are drool worthy.  I really like the dress you bought, @Greeneyedlady21.