Honored Contributor

If you like all the exaggerated sleeves but think you will have a problem with them and food, just wear them to a non-eating event.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Mj12 The black embroidered dress is Kay Unger. I got it from TJ Maxx online for $99, it sells at Saks and Lord and Taylor for almost 600. It's for a wedding next year (and any other chance I have to wear it). So thanks for liking it ☺

@Greeneyedlady21

This dress is stunning and I want it.  I've searched all over and can find it only in size 10 at SAKS. ($345)

$99! Wow!

Respected Contributor

@ECBG

I remember the days when QVC offered clothing that was much more tailored and with no stretch.  Even though I am pretty easy to fit, I quickly abandoned buying those items because I was often returning or exchanging.  With no stretch, it was super hard to predict the size I would need.  I agree with you that I want and need to some classic, tailored pieces, but I have go to B&M stores to find my fit. @Greeneyedlady21's selections above are amazing.  And what a steal at $99 for that dress!

QVC/HSN clothing fits a very specific niche for me. I'm guessing they are selling many more items with fewer returns now that most pieces have lots of give.

p.s. I am loving this season's fun sleeve treatments!

Respected Contributor

@Cal22 wrote:

Received Halston v neck bell sleeved sweater tunic today in heather navy-A297074. The material has structure so that the sleeves do not flop around and are bracelet length. I was worried about dragging and extra laundry, but with this one it is unlikely. 

Paired it with Linea Aztec bead necklace, doubled, in alabaster J335215. Stunning combination! 

@Cal22 I ordered this also in the Pink color....glad to hear you like yours.  Mine finally shipped yesterday....I ordered it before they ever put it on air that Sat morning!  At least I got it coming...hope it fits right I went by the click here measurements.

Honored Contributor

Re: "WOW" Me With......

[ Edited ]

@lulu2 Ebay has it for 329. New with tags. 20% off code for Columbus Day. Sizes 2, 4, 6, 8,and 12. I found it at TJ via a new arrivals email. I had to get a 14, I'm a 12 but they were out. I'm pear shaped, so maybe it's just my shape...but for me it ran small on the bottom and 14 works. Way too big up top so I have to get it altered. The fabric is stiff not soft, that's my only complaint. Ebay says it's polyester and nylon. The embroidery is gorgeous, some butterflies too.

I also saw it at Rue LaLa and Bluefly for 300 plus when I just checked. It was 575 originally at Saks and elsewhere. I've since unsubscribed from TJ emails, too much temptation.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Mj12 The black embroidered dress is Kay Unger. I got it from TJ Maxx online for $99, it sells at Saks and Lord and Taylor for almost 600. It's for a wedding next year (and any other chance I have to wear it). So thanks for liking it ☺

That dress is stunning....what a steal of a deal you got at TJ Maxx!  I just returned from shopping there today and found 2 gorgeous sweaters in seafoam and light blue.

Honored Contributor

I also love all the tailored clothing on Scandal. On Kerry Washington and Bellamy Young. Last night Bellamy/Mellie who is now President was wearingNMTQM0R_mu.jpg a beautiful green suit. I missed most of the episode. But I've always loved the clothes on that show.

They wear things like this St John suit that's only $1000.

Honored Contributor

I just love that whole blue ensemble *drool*

9f8d1db82f0a2f39966b31f313458500--scandal-fashion-business-style.jpgkerry-washington-600x800-1.jpgimages (2).jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: "WOW" Me With......

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21

I ordered it from Rue LaLa.  I was debating between 2 sizes but went with the smaller based on the size chart and other Kay Unger dresses I have.  If it were $99 I'd buy both sizes! 

Thank you for posting the dress,  This is not the first time you've made me buy cocktail/formal wear.  I have not been disappointed with any of my purchases. (although previous ones were rock bottom bargains)

I must start skipping your posts.

images (2).jpg

THIS I LOVE!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 Yay! We just can't show up in the same place wearing it😊 I'm sure you will wear it much better anyway. Please post how you like it when you receive it.

It's a really tough time in my life so some fashion talk provides much needed diversion. I really don't even care about fashion now but it helps a bit..you know? 

Thanks for being so nice.